Seriously?! Really?!

ChickyLove

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Springfield, MA.
Okay, I get it. We have a massive thunderstorm headed our way, my chickens are unhappy (all two of them), so of course it would make PERFECT SENSE to go ahead and turn your leaf blower on full blast, have it making horrible sounds, etc and stick it in your back yard then walk away from it, leaving it to run all by itself for over an hour.
barnie.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
My chickens aren't making ANY noise at all right now. I stuck them in their coop and secured it after having given them fresh food and water inside of it. I am beyond peeved. What kind of idiot turns a leaf blower on and just walks away anyways? It's not going to blow the storm away!!GAHHHHHHH! I went over and knocked on the door, but of course he didn't hear me because the ^&%($ leaf blower is so loud!!!

Quote:
They'll get over it. I don't think waltzing up to his door and complaining would be a very good idea, especially because chickens don't get post traumatic stress syndrome and its really not a big deal.

Fortunately I've calmed down in the last five minutes and rechecked the chickens. They are definitely fine. All snuggled up and not at all disturbed. I still am extremely curious though as to why someone would turn a leaf blower on in their back yard in the middle of a storm and walk away from it. Is it some sort of strange weather diverting technique?

Quote:
They'll get over it. I don't think waltzing up to his door and complaining would be a very good idea, especially because chickens don't get post traumatic stress syndrome and its really not a big deal.

I think its the concept that he just left the leaf blower on, making unnecessary noise for no reason. Like someone revving their engine in a drag car outside your house for an hour. its annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a NFH in the making.Make sure your chickens are protected from this possible predator! Next time he might toss some poison over the fence.

Silkiemomma, you hit the nail right on the head. If I were not a nice lady, I'd go out and blast Johnny Cash full volume from my porch. He still probably wouldn't hear it though. *sigh* By the way, I was wrong. It's not the lea blower. It's the snow blower. No wonder it sounded so hideous!

Quote:

I think its the concept that he just left the leaf blower on, making unnecessary noise for no reason. Like someone revving their engine in a drag car outside your house for an hour. its annoying.

Well again, I wouldn't walk down to some idiot showing off his car and tell him to politely leave, that would probably cause unnecessary problems. Its best to leave ignorant idiots alone and let natural selection do the rest
smile.png

Sounds like an early bird getting ready for a harsh New England winter. They are predicting one worse than last year.

Whew, I dunno if I want to experience another one like last years! Last year we had over five feet of snow that took several months to melt off. I'll be happy to just have a foot or two, really, I will!

ETA - He turned it off!
wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom