Set 3/9/12 HATCH ALONG!

DirtCreature - I agree with meshellrose - unfortunately, your eggs don't look like they're developing. Can you get replacements for these? Don't give up on incubating. There is alot of trial and error involved in getting it "right". I don't know how old your kids are, but you can make this easier on them by being as matter-of-fact as you can, and tell them that sometimes things don't turn out how we want them to. Then get more eggs and move on!
smile.png
If you don't feel you can handle getting more eggs and the disappointment that incubating will cause (there will be disappointment along the way since it's rare to get a 100% hatch), get some chicks instead. Whatever you do, go into it with the attitude that you will enjoy the chicks you have, and try not to stress over the losses too much.

So thats what i thought too, so i told the guy that sold them to me, and he said he is sure they are, and pretty much wont replace them cause hes sure its my fault some how they are dead.

they don't look fertile to me, maybe someone else will have an opinion. I'm pretty new to this myself. I have some I put in on the 9th and they have little moving black dots. I'll see if I can get a picture

well that sucks, they don't look like anything was ever in them. If they were dead it'd still show something. I had a few die at 7 -12 days and they all had something in there, just wasn't moving..and the ones that died earlier had the blood ring

So thats what i thought too, so i told the guy that sold them to me, and he said he is sure they are, and pretty much wont replace them cause hes sure its my fault some how they are dead.

kinda what i was thinking, i told the guy i bought more eggs that should be here tues (overnighted) and when i put them in and switched them i was going to look inside the ones he sold me to make sure it was my fault (hoping it would sound less threating to him) and hoping he would say if they where not he would replace them, but he just stopped texting me. i think i should write a post on CL warning other people about the eggs, but dont want to go all crazy and do something bad, i also dont want people buying eggs from him if they are not fertile though... we spend $22 dollars and gas to drive 60 mile round trip to buy them... so. idk.
idunno.gif

kinda what i was thinking, i told the guy i bought more eggs that should be here tues (overnighted) and when i put them in and switched them i was going to look inside the ones he sold me to make sure it was my fault (hoping it would sound less threating to him) and hoping he would say if they where not he would replace them, but he just stopped texting me. i think i should write a post on CL warning other people about the eggs, but dont want to go all crazy and do something bad, i also dont want people buying eggs from him if they are not fertile though... we spend $22 dollars and gas to drive 60 mile round trip to buy them... so. idk. :idunno

WOW, thank you for posting the pictures. They are definately either unfertile or never began developing. :confused: The only way they could be that clear looking on Day8 is if the incubator wasn't warm enough to make them start "cooking".
I'm sure you know this: The top of the eggs should be 100-101 degrees in a still air and a circulating air incubator should be 99.5 degrees.

:jumpy Good luck with your new eggs and shame on that guy for claiming those eggs were fertile....He better make sure his roosters are doing their duty! :rant

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom