Set 9/4 48 Araucana eggs. Any hatch buddies?

Quote:
Marans are neat! My friend raises the Black Copper, Golden Cuckoo and Blue Gold Marans and I did a hatch for her and the chicks were SO pretty!

My husband used to be a forest firefighter just out of high school and loved it! Boy was that a long time ago
lol.png
Hope you find a camera so we can all see pictures!
jumpy.gif

Can't wait until Sunday or maybe even tomorrow on day 20 if the bantams decide to hatch a little early
ya.gif

Quote:
If I counted the day I set my eggs this is just day 20. Most people start counting the next day as day one. This one egg that has pipped (12 hours ago which is normal) is small and elongated and I anticipate problems because of it. Really not supposed to set eggs that are irregular, but I got two eggs to sent to me like this from the seller
rant.gif
Keeping my fingers crossed that it makes it out OK!
fl.gif

Waiting to hear how everyone else's hatches are going!

caf.gif

Quote:
woot.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Yea!
celebrate.gif

The egg that pipped last night hatched just before noon with no problems while I was gone
ya.gif
And it is just the color I wanted most, a white crested Khaki
bun.gif
Won't know until it feathers out if it is a cuckoo or solid Khaki frizzle or smooth. I have another egg that has pipped and I can't wait to see what color that one will be
pop.gif

This is the only baby that hatched, darn shipped eggs anywho :-( I think I'm going to give up on ordering eggs and just wait to hatch out somemore from my own birds when they are old enough. He/she is just so cute and it's going to be a momma's baby cuz we visit a lot :)
96027_babycuckoo2.jpg
96027_babycuckoo.jpg

Really cute chick. I locked down on Friday and one hatched out by this morning (Saturday)! I thought at first an egg had exploded when I saw a dark spot in the incubator until I saw it was a chick. Because it is not due until tomorrow, it was chirping alot by this afternoon. I have a broody hen by the incubator and she was trying to get to it and in the process, she stepped on an egg and it started bleeding. I scooped all the eggs out from under her and put all of them in the incubator (so she did not step on any others) except the one she had stepped on. I put it in the brooder and hoped it would dry out and not bleed out. It lost some blood but was still breathing. I am surprised it is still alive. When she stepped on it, it broke its shell into pieces and was covered in blood. I put it under the heater hoping it would dry up the blood and it did. When I checked on it later, it was starting to be dried in the membrane so I used warm water and moistened it until I got it off. Then I returned it to the heater. It is still attached to some of the egg by its naval. I do not want to pull it off cause it looks like it might bleed out. If it is still attached tomorrow, how long do I wait until I help it. Will it dry up on its own? I have 2 other eggs that have pipped.

Back
Top Bottom