Set 9/4 48 Araucana eggs. Any hatch buddies?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Flash534, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Flash534

Flash534 In the Brooder

Aug 14, 2011
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    My last hatch, I had a single chick, hatch 3 days before the others. I had not yet even removed them from the turner !!! We had been in the middle of a record heat wave, so I wasn't sure if the postal service had begun incubating for me, or if I had a hot spot in my hovabator. Since then I upgraded it with a internal fan kit. Heat really seems to be ALOT more consistant then the last time. Locking down this evening for Sunday hatch. And no early babies this time !! [​IMG] Let's hope for a fruitful Sunday shall we ? [​IMG] Good luck all ye hatchers of the peeps !!!!

2. chickee

chickee Crowing

Can't wait until Sunday! [​IMG] Keeping my fingers crossed for some frizzle, white crested chocolate Polish Bantams, but will be happy with any colors I get since they are all rare and beautiful! [​IMG]

I stopped the turner and tomorrow the eggs will go into lockdown in my Genesis 1588 for a Sunday hatch [​IMG]

Good luck everyone! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. yadaguhtoo

yadaguhtoo Songster

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    I have a pip, only one so far but I can hardly wait to see the new baby:)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  4. chickee

chickee Crowing

Quote:[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. yadaguhtoo

yadaguhtoo Songster

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    The one little baby is out!!! No other pips yet, I hope they didn't give up. Maybe this one is just an early bird as it is just day 20 :)

6. chickee

chickee Crowing

Quote:I always have one hatch way before the others [​IMG] and I always feel bad for it until the next one hatches to keep it company [​IMG]
    I forget, what breed are you hatching? Waiting for pictures [​IMG]

7. yadaguhtoo

yadaguhtoo Songster

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington State
    I'm hatching Cockoo Marans and I would love to post pics but, my DH is working out of town and took the camera with him. I'm hoping he gets to come home soon but it could be another 11 days, he is a forest firefighter and always gets great shots when he's out so I couldn't blame him :) Maybe I will see if I can get the old camera to work.....

8. CakePrincess21

CakePrincess21 Chirping

Sep 17, 2011
    so i take took look at my chicks and the eggs are moving. Then i sniffed and [​IMG] did it smell. they r on lock down would i be able to candle to see which one it is or sniff each one without touching them??

9. 1maria100

1maria100 In the Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Washington
    My 6 are wiggling like crazy, but no pips yet! I'm on day 20!

C'mon chicks!!!![​IMG]

10. Karen09

Karen09 Songster

Jun 27, 2009
    Wyoming, New York
    Had a golden laced wyandotte go broody 2 days ago so I put 5 of the eggs under her. [​IMG] Locked down tonight. Just have to wait til Sunday. I have at least a dozen to hatch, maybe more. Mine are mostly mixed breeds that a breeder is trying to develop. It should be interesting to see how they look. Good luck everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: