Set 9/4 48 Araucana eggs. Any hatch buddies?

The more the merrier !! Welcome all ye hatchers !!
big_smile.png

Thank you. I just finished a hatch and it made the 21 days much easier to deal with having each other to talk with. My humidity was only at 35% so I put water in and it was at 48% and now 55%. Yikes - I have to make sure it doesn't go any higher.

I set 9 shipped bantam Polish eggs and 4 of my own Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs 9/4. The shipped eggs spent two extra days in the mail due to the backlog of mail from hurricane Irene. One of the eggs was rotten
barnie.gif
so my chances of a good hatch have decreased dramatically
sad.png
If I do get some to hatch I have a chance of getting white, white crested chocolate, white crested black, white crested khaki and white crested cuckoo in smooth and frizzle.

Good luck everyone
thumbsup.gif

I cheated! My son and I set out this morning to go shooting but the County Range was closed, so we went to see a friend and then on the way back home stopped by the feed store. As we were walking in I told him his mother would kill me if I came home with anything, no chicks so I thought I was home free. Driving on towards home we spot a billboard for a new feed store, my son called them and sure as heck they got babies, well we had to check out the new place. I came home with 4 Ameraucunas and one RIR, the Granddaughter believed the eggs hatched early but no such luck with my Wife! She caved though when she saw how sweet they were, our 6 year old GD was getting them out of the brooder and holding them with no problem. Nicest feed store chicks I ever got.

Max

Quote:
That's ok, I just got through hatching 4 of my own BLRW chicks a couple of days ago, so I have some chicks to play with while I'm waiting for the new ones to hatch
lol.png

I love my Easter Eggers that I got from the feed store. I now also have the true Ameraucanas that you can only get through private breeders. They are getting close to laying age now and I can't wait to have eggs to hatch from them too
ya.gif

I will just be glad to get a 30% - 50% Hatch. Or 25%.... We have had so many problems with postal service handling. They left me a box of hatching eggs on my front steps this last February. Was 20 degrees out with 30 mph winds... I got home about 5 hours later. Nothing hatched even though we tried anyway. No embryos even began forming.

Well my wafer thermostat seems to be a tad inconsistant. Held between 99 and 100 for 5 days, went to 101, I turned it down a touch, then it went to 98. Do they often have this much variation? Or am I needing to just leave it the fig alone?

Sorry to hear your incubator is giving you problems
hmm.png
I haven't used one with the wafer so I am no help there . . sorry. Hope you can get it to stabilize
fl.gif

I was impatient and candled my eggs last night at 3 days along. I did see some veins in 3 of the Polish eggs and my BLRW eggs were glowing red so that is a good sign. Way to early to tell much. Another few days and I should know which ones are good but I never toss eggs until they are 10 days along
old.gif

I know how you feel. I just candled mine and all of them but 2 have the air bubble. I even saw veins on 2. Only 3 days down and 18 to go. At least I have baby chicks to look at even if their mommies won't let me get too close. 432 hours to go.
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom