Set eggs 9/27/10 - anyone care to join?

Quote:
Did your pipped egg hatch? Any other hatches?

Three more eggs hatched here during the night! I have 7 babies total. I candled the remaining eggs when I got home - three are definitely duds, the fourth, I'm not sure about. No movement and no peeps. I may wait until tomorrow.

Yes mine are silkies - blue, black and splash. My first hatch I had splash and white - the white ones are creamy colored, and the splash are a greyish white - the splash colors don't come in until they start feathering. This hatch I think I have 3 blacks, a couple splash, and maybe a blue - two of the splashes are darker than my first splashes, so I guess I"ll just have to wait and see what I get! I'm going to do some reading about the B/B/S genetics.

You are probably right about the Partridge, and Splash - I don't know what HT stands for but it's probably white.

Yes, it made it the rest of the way out on it's own and was cheapin it up in the incubator at about 2am - I've got it in the brooder with the three others now and they are the fluffiest cutest things! I don't know if my assistance helped or not but it sure did freak me out. Whew.

Happy to hear you had some new ones, too. Would love to see pics when you get a sec. I'm off to take my girl to soccer practice but am going to try to get some to post later this evening.

I've still got 8 in the incubator - not very optimistic but figured a few more hours can't hurt either way.

52617_dscf5354.jpg

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

They are SOOOO adorable! I find myself getting stuck in a time warp whenever I get too close to the brooder!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom