Set eggs on 3/18 who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had 1 piped since about 7:00am havnt seen anything from the others yet? I hope to pray them out while we are at church
bow.gif
and have some babys when we get back Lol.
fl.gif
Good Luck!!!
frow.gif
I will keep my fingers crossed
fl.gif
for you!!!!!!

I say we just stay on this thread!!!!!! do you have anymore in the incubator???

Yep I have an old LG with 36 barnyard mix eggs cooking....due next weekend. Trying to hatch them for my neighbor (he didn't have any luck hatching on his own). Have been having a bear of a time keeping the temp right on this incubator, so may not have any luck at all. We will soon see. YAY glad we are still going here. Come on everybody join us !!!

How is everyone's babies doing??????????

frow.gif

Love your avatar. I have 6 out of 10 hatched so far (4 cochins and 2 of wholewheatchickens silkies). All doing well and probably getting a little hungry by now. If no pips when I get home from work tonight I am moving them to the brooder cage so they can eat. Hope everyone else's babies are zipping around healthy and happy.
jumpy.gif

guh!
I think I have worn a hole in the floor walking to the incubator and back!

Don't know if you said or not but what kind of incubator are you using ? I love hearing what everyone's preferences are and what secrets you can share on successful hatches. Hope you see some action soon
fl.gif

I have had 1 piped since about 7:00am havnt seen anything from the others yet? I hope to pray them out while we are at church
bow.gif
and have some babys when we get back Lol
fl.gif

Most of mine pipped but didn't do ANYTHING ELSE for 10-12 hours after that. UGH !! Hope yours don't wait that long. I want to see pictures. Keep us posted

By your numbers you can hardly be called a first timer. and unless some act of God strikes. I can just about gar-un-tee great results.
I get much better hatch rates by not running the humidity so high. when I kept it in the 50% range too many drown in the shells trying to pip out.
May I please join you good people ? I haven't hatched anything for about 17 years so I'm going to call myself a first timer again. I put in 12 silkie eggs from BYC's wholewheatchicken and 11 of my own bantam cochin eggs. Temp holding right on 100 and humidity at 40 % and holding very well with vent plugs out. I'm so excited but going to wait til day 10 to candle. I hope I have some luck. Thanks all for being here :)

Don't know if you said or not but what kind of incubator are you using ? I love hearing what everyone's preferences are and what secrets you can share on successful hatches. Hope you see some action soon
fl.gif

I have an old hova-bator circulated air model 2362N it's got an automatic egg turner in it.
This is my very first attempt ever at using this incubator and hatching in general!
With no action yet on day 21.

Love your avatar. I have 6 out of 10 hatched so far (4 cochins and 2 of wholewheatchickens silkies). All doing well and probably getting a little hungry by now. If no pips when I get home from work tonight I am moving them to the brooder cage so they can eat. Hope everyone else's babies are zipping around healthy and happy.
jumpy.gif

thank you! I am getting good at adding pics!
lau.gif
Well, I won't be hatching anymore. I was cleaning my incubator and noticed it is falling apart. It is wood...
hit.gif
it is a wonder my 3 eggs hatched. But I will stay on here and we need to keep this going, cause I want to know how everyone is doing and I love talking to you all!

Back
Top Bottom