Set eggs on 3/18 who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see pip No. 2.
I should have planned doing my taxes better. Now I will be upstairs working on math while my chickies are hatching down below
rant.gif

Quote:
This is my understanding of the benefit. It keep the newly hatched chicks from kicking around the ones that have yet to hatch therefore the ones that are trying to hatch expend less energy to get out of the shell and reduces mortality. It did contain some of the mess too so there wasn't as much gunk to clean out of the incubator. I don't know if it helps the chick position correctly for hatching better? I tried it on my last hatch for the first time and love it. If you only had a few hatching, I don't think it would maybe be as big of a deal...I don't know....but to have several in there I think it makes a big difference. And the chicks really do crawl back in the egg section of the crate and sit in it. It was very comical. And....it gave chicks a place to go if they wanted to lay down and rest that was more safe, it seemed like.
Thanks, that does make sense, and I'll have to try it!

Pip No. 3 has occurred. It would be nice if I could just wake up in the morning and they would all be hatched and it would be over, LOL! At least this time I strategically placed the incubator in a location where I can sit and peer down into it. The last time I had to stand up and get on my tiptoes to see everything.

Well Guys, It's not looking good for me every time I have went to check my Incubator it has a diff temp?
idunno.gif
It had been holding at 100 degrees with 65-66% humidity all day thurs/friday...but every single time I have checked it over night there has been a diff temp? One min it would be dropped down to 97 degrees and the next time I checked it the stupid thing would be up to 102 degrees??? Any ideas?? I'm guessing room temp or something anybody know what temps have to be before it's the end of the road??? I don't know what to do at this point but
hit.gif
any help would be great! I guess I should have got the fan model?
he.gif

Well now I have put in 2 more thermometers and all 3 are reading diff temps! 1 reads 98 degrees,1 reads 100 degrees and the other one says 102? I'm about ready to bash in the Incubator and give up!
somad.gif
Not to mention my humidity went from holding steady at 66-67% to dropping from 50-52%? I can't figure it out????????????
barnie.gif

So after my massive failure last weekend with no chicks hatching I figured that the other eggs in the incubator that were due to hatch this weekend were a lost cause. Lo and behold, last night I got home last night and there was a pip!
This morning I got up and ran to the incubator and that pip is now a hole with a little chick peeping away and there is a second egg that has pipped!

YIPEE!!

this is so awesome, Im so nervous and I hope everything goes well!

ITS A CHICKEN!!!

She's completely out of her shell and floundering around on the bottom of the incubator kicking around all the other eggs which makes me a little nervous (egg carton makes sense!)
so excited

Well now I have put in 2 more thermometers and all 3 are reading diff temps! 1 reads 98 degrees,1 reads 100 degrees and the other one says 102? I'm about ready to bash in the Incubator and give up!
somad.gif
Not to mention my humidity went from holding steady at 66-67% to dropping from 50-52%? I can't figure it out????????????
barnie.gif
I hate thermometers. That's why I love my Hovabator that is digital! What are you using? Don't give up! You can do it.

Congrat's everyone on your pips and that is awesome vibratingtoad your first chick!!:yiipchick
Wholewheatchicken can't wait to here more about those pips. Maybe your chicks will zip pretty fast and your chick will pop right out.

Back
Top Bottom