Set eggs on 3/18 who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate thermometers. That's why I love my Hovabator that is digital! What are you using? Don't give up! You can do it.

X2 I looove my new digital hovabator too.:love I give at least 45% credit for my great hatch being a first timer The rest goes to myself and you guys

Last edited:
I can see pip No. 2.
I should have planned doing my taxes better. Now I will be upstairs working on math while my chickies are hatching down below
rant.gif

YAY !!!! Cant wait to see pics

Well now I have put in 2 more thermometers and all 3 are reading diff temps! 1 reads 98 degrees,1 reads 100 degrees and the other one says 102? I'm about ready to bash in the Incubator and give up!
somad.gif
Not to mention my humidity went from holding steady at 66-67% to dropping from 50-52%? I can't figure it out????????????
barnie.gif

Mine did exactly the same thing with 3 thermos....all read something different. But 8 out of 10 hatched. My humidity did the same too. I don't get it. Hang in there tho I think they may surprise you.
fl.gif

Don't ask me how, but you can calibrate you themometers..... google it and see if that helps. My last hatch was in the LG and was so up and down all the time I was sure they wouldn't make it...... but I was surprised at how many pipped and made it !

Well Guys, It's not looking good for me every time I have went to check my Incubator it has a diff temp?
idunno.gif
It had been holding at 100 degrees with 65-66% humidity all day thurs/friday...but every single time I have checked it over night there has been a diff temp? One min it would be dropped down to 97 degrees and the next time I checked it the stupid thing would be up to 102 degrees??? Any ideas?? I'm guessing room temp or something anybody know what temps have to be before it's the end of the road??? I don't know what to do at this point but
hit.gif
any help would be great! I guess I should have got the fan model?
he.gif

Well Guys, It's not looking good for me every time I have went to check my Incubator it has a diff temp?
idunno.gif
It had been holding at 100 degrees with 65-66% humidity all day thurs/friday...but every single time I have checked it over night there has been a diff temp? One min it would be dropped down to 97 degrees and the next time I checked it the stupid thing would be up to 102 degrees??? Any ideas?? I'm guessing room temp or something anybody know what temps have to be before it's the end of the road??? I don't know what to do at this point but
hit.gif
any help would be great! I guess I should have got the fan model?
he.gif

Are you opening the incubator to add things and check things???? If you are, stop. The environment cannot stabilize and you will do more harm than good if you continue. What kind of incubator? Is it still air? 102 will not kill them, but I keep mine at 100 because they can make it and hatch a little later at cooler temps and be killed at higher temps. Never mind, I see you are using still air. The air temps are different all over the place in a still air. I've read even 104 won't kill them, but I wouldn't want to try it.
Keep the lid closed. Do not open again. Stabilize your humidity and temps and do not touch it again. And calm down. I know it's scary. I'm worrying over here at my house! I've watched my hens really, really close when they have babies. They get up, they still turn the egg....the chick hatches. Just let it do what it needs to do. Granted, it's a little trickier using an incubator, but it's still the same process. A still air needs more time to recover temp and humidity drops and takes longer to come back up to where it needs to be. Try playing with the vent holes instead. Cover up part of the vent to increase your H and uncover to lower. You don't need the H super high because it will continue to rise a lot as the chicks hatch. Chicks take a long time to hatch out. They pip, they rest. They start to zip, they rest. I just had my last chick hatch under a hen and it took two days. It was perfectly fine. It's running around in my brooder as we speak. Also, I have noticed in these less than the state of the art incubators as the H rises the temps lower. Don't mess with it. They will still hatch. During my last hatch, the H went up over 70% and the temps dropped down to 93 and 91. Yes, I was scared, but there was no way to mess with it as the control knob was inside the incubator...homemade! All chicks hatched except for one. They will do fine. Just don't mess with it. I think it's better to leave them in a less than perfect environment that is stable than to keep trying to tinker with it.
Okay.....don't touch the incubator.....
hugs.gif
And here is a hug.....
When is day 21 for you????

Thanks!
hugs.gif
My temp is back to 100 now. I actually only opened it once this morning to put in an extra thermometer my guess is the room temp did it? I wasn't thinking about how cold it 's been getting at night and my room temp dropped to like 67. I do agree with you guys about the still air? crap I put a baby thermometer in one of the top holes and it was reading 106.2 and put it in a bottom hole and it was like 96 degrees...so I will deff be getting a fan for both of my Incubators. Also to those who asked I have 2 Hova-Bator 1602N still air 1 has auto turner I use for I ncubating and the other I just use for hatching. Also do you guys think the cardboard egg carton could throw off the humidity? My hatch date is Sunday @ 11:00am I'm like you I think they will be fine and yes temp and humidity is all over the place in still air Incubators I have come to find that out the hard way! I hope all goes well
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom