Set eggs on 3/18 who's with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
hugs.gif
My temp is back to 100 now. I actually only opened it once this morning to put in an extra thermometer my guess is the room temp did it? I wasn't thinking about how cold it 's been getting at night and my room temp dropped to like 67. I do agree with you guys about the still air? crap I put a baby thermometer in one of the top holes and it was reading 106.2 and put it in a bottom hole and it was like 96 degrees...so I will deff be getting a fan for both of my Incubators. Also to those who asked I have 2 Hova-Bator 1602N still air 1 has auto turner I use for I ncubating and the other I just use for hatching. Also do you guys think the cardboard egg carton could throw off the humidity? My hatch date is Sunday @ 11:00am I'm like you I think they will be fine and yes temp and humidity is all over the place in still air Incubators I have come to find that out the hard way! I hope all goes well
fl.gif

I don't think the egg crates throw the H off....you just have to adjust your H. The still airs do not recover temps and H well. Use the vent holes to bring the H up and down. I have mine in the brooder room and the air temp is about 82 so I'm having good luck holding temps steady so far.
And I'm just as nervous over here.....just trying to hold your cyber hand, LOL! I have three pips and one of them is a zipper, but it's coming slowly. I keep thinking it's died, even though I know better. I have to keep telling myself it's just resting. I want some more pips so I can see if anyone else is alive and then I have to tell myself I have three days from first hatch to end so there is plenty, plenty of time. My DH saw me looking in the bator a bit ago and said, you want to just reach in there, don't you!!!! Yes, I do, but I won't!
Just keep telling yourself, they're okay, they're okay, they're okay....and I'm doing the same here.

we had another hatch last night!
Now there are two little chicks in there, but no signs of any others, that's ok though I am quite happy with what I've got!

This whole thing has been stressful and very exciting. Thanks for the support, I will definately be trying this again.

Well it's hatch day for me & my stupid hatcher quit,Thank god I have another incubator set up for goose eggs,
I had to move all my eggs on hatch day no less to the other incubator.
I bumped the humidity and I hope I atleast get a few ducks to hatch.
I did wake up to two chicks though and hoping for more...

we had another hatch last night!
Now there are two little chicks in there, but no signs of any others, that's ok though I am quite happy with what I've got!

This whole thing has been stressful and very exciting. Thanks for the support, I will definately be trying this again.

Good for you !!!! Hang in there and try again. I am thinking about setting another 40-something this weekend coming up. Not sure tho.

Back
Top Bottom