Set eggs today...1-28-10 through 1-31-10..anyone wanna join and share?

duck&chickencrazy

Songster
11 Years
Dec 2, 2008
Indiana
1-28-10:
Well today i am setting 7 goose eggs. Currently the temp is at 99.2 and the humidity is 54%. I am hatching brown chinese/white chinese goose eggs....cant wait for them to hatch!!!! thankyou to bargain for the eggs! she did a great job at packaging them and i got them in great condition.

1-31-10:
Shined a light on the eggs to check out the insides and i was very happy to see that at least 2 (that i can tell, its kinda early yet tho) eggs are developing!!!! i know its not that great of a rate out of 7 but if i just get 1 gosling out of this hatch i will be overwhelmed with happiness...

2-9-10:
4 are growing well, 2 didnt grow at all, and one had a blood ring in it....

*What are you setting and how is the temp. doing for you? Cant wait to hear what your hatching....one requirerment tho... you HAVE to post pics of the fuzzy buts once they hatch!! we all wanna see them
smile.png

woot.gif

Last edited:
Hi duck&chickencrazy
frow.gif

I'm craving for chickens and even more to hatch.
I hope your little goslings will hatch and YOU have to POST pic's of your FUZZY BUTTS!!!

pop.gif

I am going to be setting some eggs tonight. I got 5 salmon favs and 1 blue salmon this morning shipped. They are resting right now and I will be joining you a few hours behind.
hugs.gif

My eggs will be here in the Am tomorrow. I am setting Welch Harlequin duck eggs. It will be my first time hatching duck eggs. I have hatched 100's of chicks, but nothing else.
tongue.png
Wish me luck!!!
wink.png

I set 8 assorted Banties yesterday in my homemade bator made from a cooler, a bottle light kit, dimmer and a fan. Humidity is good but I'm Not sure about the temps. The air temp can hang around 100 but the outside egg temp is only 93-94. If I get the air temp to 99.5, as most suggest, the egg temp is only in the high 80's-low 90's. Suggestions?

Well I'll join this thread, I too set eggs on the evening of the 28th. 7 Splash/Blue/Black Jersey Giants & 14 Delaware, 21 eggs total. All these are eBay eggs. I actually won blue/blk Jersey Giants and was shipped the wrong eggs & too few eggs. I threw the splash/blue/blk eggs in the bator anyway. The seller was kind enough to hold off on sending the replacement eggs so that I could get these eggs in the bator and not have to either (a) wait on her replacement shipment or (b) have a staggered hatch.

This is my second attempt at hatching. The first batch of 15 total eggs yielded 4 hatched eggs & 3 survivors. Had 7 that made it to lock-down others were infertile or blood ringed. My homemade styrofoam cooler with 15 watt bulb and cpu fan powered by a model train transformer holds rather stable temps and humidity. Hoping I have better success with these eggs, really hoping for a 60% hatch rate (fingers crossed).

MrRoy - I don't know that the egg temps would/should be at the air temp. They have substantially different thermal and mass properties, I'm sure someone else should have more say about that than I. I trust the 99.5 temp. as it's a VERY proven # used in commercial hatcheries and more! I suspect you're using one of those nifty laser pointer thermometer things, not sure what they're called, that chefs (and others) use to measure temperatures? Keep your air temp where it belongs and don't worry about it.

Good luck too all,
Phillip

Back
Top Bottom