Set eggs today...1-28-10 through 1-31-10..anyone wanna join and share?

Hi all!! I set my Welch Harlequin duck eggs at 4pm today. No egg turner, so this is my perfect setting time, then I can turn them at 12 pm after the news and then again at 8 after the kids get on the bus. The temp is at 101 its a still air bator, this is the same temp I used to hatch out chickens. Is this good. Humidity is around 50%. Anything else I should know? Thanks

I candled mine yesterday to...i cant even see the air sac in some of my eggs...i have 4 that look like they are developing and 1 that has a blood ring in it...and the other 2 did not develope...one of the ones that is developing has an air sac that is in the middle of the egg...i dont know what to do about it...

welll good luck with your eggs!!! sucks about the air sacs being bad...

I candled my eggs at day eight and 5 of the 8 looked promising. I candled again today (day 11) and had 3 duds. The other five look great! They look like little Michael Phelps' swimmimg around in there.
smile.png

duck&chickencrazy :

I candled mine yesterday to...i cant even see the air sac in some of my eggs...i have 4 that look like they are developing and 1 that has a blood ring in it...and the other 2 did not develope...one of the ones that is developing has an air sac that is in the middle of the egg...i dont know what to do about it...

welll good luck with your eggs!!! sucks about the air sacs being bad...

Good luck to you too!! I got rid of the bad ones today..and checked the 3 that were developing and so far...so good! I hope they hatch...i really really do!!​

Quote:
ha thats funny!!!

i took out my duds yesterday...so i have 4 left...im kinda worried about the one because i cant see the air cell ow...i was able to see it before but it was loose and didn stay in one place....so what i did was set in an egg carton big end up to get th cell to stay up here or at least travel to he top....its the one egg i really want to hatch to cause its a huge egg!!! well i gues ill know in a couple weeks....!!!!.....

duck&chickencrazy :

Quote:
ha thats funny!!!

i took out my duds yesterday...so i have 4 left...im kinda worried about the one because i cant see the air cell ow...i was able to see it before but it was loose and didn stay in one place....so what i did was set in an egg carton big end up to get th cell to stay up here or at least travel to he top....its the one egg i really want to hatch to cause its a huge egg!!! well i gues ill know in a couple weeks....!!!!.....

I will keep my finger crossed for ya!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom