*Set eggs Tonight (Nov. 23rd) Any one due around Dec. 14th??*

Quote:
Sooo sorrry!
hit.gif

Well came home to an incubator loaded with chicks. I transferred to my brooder. I had ten hatched with another three pipped.
No sooner did I transfer the fluffys when another one zipped and popped out. And now chick number 12 is zipping.

How exciting. So, assuming zippy makes it out it will be a 75% hatch rate. if the other pipped one makes it out it will be 81%

Here are the fluffys:

109066_chk03.jpg

109066_chk02.jpg

109066_chk01.jpg

Quote:
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Were these shipped eggs?

No. They were eggs offered locally on Craigslist in the Tampa Bay area as "Fertile" for consumption. The gentleman told me that when he did hatch he only got 50% hatch in a Styrofoam bator. He was mainly selling eggs for consumption and only started advertising as hatch-able with a 50% hatch rate after I bought with that purpose in mind and let him know that. I had bought one dozen and after realizing my bator would not be ready till four days hence, bought another dozen. The bator only holds 18 so I ate the jumbos and incubated the rest. As it turns out this hatch has obviously been a great success even with the older eggs held with no particular cooling, in my home with ambient temps of 76 F or so.

Ok, you all are not going to believe this, the eggs are still developing. They should have hatched wensday and i candled them tonight so i didn't throw any out that were alive and 3 are still moving. I moved them under a broodie whos eggs should hatch sunday.

Back
Top Bottom