Setting 100 on 1/6/16 in new Ova Easy 100...hatch along

pop.gif

Quote:
Well, I can tell you, I am getting eggs right now from 2 different ages of my Gen1 pullets. Some are in the 59-61g range, and the rest are in the 53-56g range. The smaller eggs are, typically, 90% dark...whereas the larger are only 50% dark. Now understand, when I say dark I do not mean they meet the lightest of the BCM chart, but they are distinctly darker than the eggs I had been getting previously (from my red sexlinks).

Hey NT, can't believe you got the ova easy!! That's awesome!! Brinsea's hold their value. I'm sure you won't have trouble selling the 40. I actually just started getting eggs from my first hatch, back in spring. Planning to set end of the week, as I've had people pre-order chicks...no inside brooding in winter for me! :)

Well, I can tell you, I am getting eggs right now from 2 different ages of my Gen1 pullets. Some are in the 59-61g range, and the rest are in the 53-56g range. The smaller eggs are, typically, 90% dark...whereas the larger are only 50% dark. Now understand, when I say dark I do not mean they meet the lightest of the BCM chart, but they are distinctly darker than the eggs I had been getting previously (from my red sexlinks).

Will you be selecting for the larger darker eggs eventually?

Back
Top Bottom