Setting 26 eggs today (June 27th) Anyone else?

Thank you they were all running from me and huddling up together which made it hard to see them. Im excited we decided to build them their own pen so were gonna be working on that this week!!! I can't wait!!!

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
My favorite egg hatched! His name is Alejandro from Lady Gaga! He's been Alejandro ever since he was just an egg.
roll.png
love.gif

Thats cute Alejandro Hey the sexing the chics if you will take a pic of there wings spred for me i will tell you if it is a hen or roo. Its easier to tell if there atleast 3 days old what it is. It will teach you to on how to do it yourself....

Congrats everyone on all the new babies!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I am STILL waiting,,,day 22 today.....bantams are supposed to be early....they're doing it on purpose!!!
tongue2.gif

perolane how early are bantams supose to be because I have some supose to hatch saturday and its the first bantam eggs I have tried hatching? Thats something I didn't know.

I FINALLY have pipping
yippiechickie.gif
....it's about time!!! Then DH says, don't you remember...all the hatches in that LG are a couple of days late. ARGH!!! I am about to send that man to freezer camp!!!
wink.png

Duster...I've always had bantams hatch a couple of days earlier than other chickens....some as early as the 19th day. Don't know why. I've read that others here have early hatches with bantams too.

@Perolane:
wee.gif
Congrats on your pips! I have one peeping today (day 21) so I am hoping that it can find it's way out. The other 4 are doing nothing so we will wait and see. What day are you, 21 or 22?

Thank you parolane I guess I should really keep my eye on them... and congrats on the pip I am on day 22 and I haven't heard anything yet... My last hatch did everything on day 23
sad.png
I guess I am to anxious lolv:lol:

Duster,

Just wanted to pass on to you that my recent bantam cochins hatched right on day 21. I have had different hatches during the spring, and some were a couple days early, some a little later. All of mine have been hatched by broody chickens, so I'm not sure if there is a difference if you use a bator. I have two eggs that are at day 24. I think that's really pushing it. My guess is they're duds. Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom