Setting 9-17! Anyone else? 50+ Orps going in

My wife said i was not supposed to type in caps did not realise i was doing that sorry in advance, MY THIRD TIME TRYING. ALWAYS SOMETHING GOES WRONG. FIRST TWO TIMES I THINK IT MAY HAVE BEEN A DIRTY INCUBATOR, IT IS A LONER. I BLEACHED IT OUT AND AM TRYING AGAIN. ON THE SECOND BATCH THE MOTOR THAT TURNS THEM BROKE AND THEY WERE NOT BEING TURNED. MOTOR IS STILL BROKE. I WILL ATTEMPT TO HAND TURN THEM.
I PUT A FULL LOAD OF EGGS IN THE INCUBATOR LAST NIGHT 09-17-11. SOME ARE RHODE ISLAND REDS, SOME ARE A MIX FROM THE NEIGHBOR. WE HAVE A BAD VARMENT PROBLEM WE LOOSE A CHICKEN QUITE OFTEN DUE TO COONS. SKUNKS, AND COYOTES. TOMMY

bleach ussually affects the eggs since they breathe in the chemical thru the egg shell so ussually that ends up killing them. so my mom says

We set 9 on the 17th and 4 today 18th 13 eggs is a lucky number
big_smile.png
.... All mixed breed from one of our flocks....

School project...

I have a Brinsea 20 eco and a Brinsea 20 advance with a humidity pump. I have not had great hatches so far, but they have all been shipped eggs. The first time I had 4 hatch out of 16, the second time I had 5 hatch out of 25 and I will have my third batch go into lockdown this wednesday and I have 34 set and I saw 18 viable out of them so far. I set my 4th batch of eggs on the 18th. Maybe I will get there on of these days, when my girls get big enough to lay I will start incubating my own eggs and maybe then I will have better luck.

Back
Top Bottom