~Setting chicken eggs Sept. 7th.~

LadyBirdsPalace

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
UpNorth
Hello PEOPLES!

I am aiming to if all goes as planned, a straight batch of chickens this time, so I guess that makes SEPTEMBER 28TH the big day!

Anyone else setting tomorrow?

thumbsup.gif

RIGHT ON!

Got them kinda/sorta organized.
lol.png

I am doing a dz Dorkings, a dz Old English Game, I have about 7 of my own little barnyard mix and I might grab some big ol' Brown Eggs from my neighbours Red Sussex' in the AM, to fill her up!

Very Excited!
celebrate.gif

I will be a 7-8 days behind you. I plan to set 41 eggs next Wednesday or Thursday with eggs I've ordered from several different sources. It'll be my first hatch - so I'm anxious to see what happens.

big_smile.png
Well I JUST loaded her 20 minutes ago!

Official count:
-12 Dorkings
-12 Old English Game
-13 Red Sussex X
- 4 Light Sussex X

41 TOTAL!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Any one doing a dry incubation?

I wanted to put my last 6 eggs for this year on today, BLRWs, but it took longer than i thought to clean the funk from the last batch out of the incubator...it's "preheating" now, but i have to work 6P-6A, so i'll set them first thing tomorrow when i'm home to watch the temp. My first two hatches started on day 20, so we won't be far off.

I think i'll try the suggestion of putting 6 of my fresh and unfortunately not fertile Ameraucana eggs in to regulate temp first...my dogs will enjoy them when i'm done with 'em. Does anyone else do this?

lynn

Quote:
Makes sense, but no I haven't but thinking I may next time, it would sure help me adjust my humidity.

SO, I added one more Sussex X that my old girl just provided, so she's COMPLETELY FULL, not a spot left open! Excited to see how many are developing next week out of the 42!

I want to join in
big_smile.png

This is my first bator experience and I'm nervous about as all get out.

I set 5 EE eggs and 10 Guinea Fowl eggs on Tuesday, September 6. My neighbor gave me all the eggs to set but she said some of the Guinea eggs may be too old. I'll have to wait to candle next week to see what I have growing if at all.

So I have a question for everyone... is it necessary to buy a humidity gadget? Or can I just fill the basin in my bator with water on a daily basis?

Back
Top Bottom