Setting Eggs 1/19 - Hatching Buddies

Aww... I wish you some happy healthy veins and heart beats!!!

Thank you. I hope so too, or else the kids there will be very disapointed, and I will feel bad if so.
fl.gif
Come on chickys! XD

Of the 29 Welsummer and Marans eggs I started with (all shipped eggs), 9 have made it to lockdown. That's about what I was expecting since they were shipped and I'm new at this! I have been "talking" to the eggs all evening... Chirping encouraging sounds... My DH thinks I've gone daft..... He may have a point. ;-)
LOL hey I did that for my ducks last year when they were hatching I think it helped root them on.. :)

Ha! Good luck on those shipped eggs! I've not had good success here with them.

Me either this year out of 15 eggs two made it to lockdown and one died during hatching didn't even externally pip.. :( Last year out of almost 2 dozen duck eggs 9 made it to lock down four to hatching and three actually survived hatching. They are very strong healthy ducks though.. :)

With shipped eggs (large, saddle shaped air sacks for several), is it a good idea to open the 'bator and candle to see if they have piped internally but can't get positioned to unzip? If so, how long should I wait to check on them? I have one Welsummer rocking a little this morning!!! Thanks...

With shipped eggs (large, saddle shaped air sacks for several), is it a good idea to open the 'bator and candle to see if they have piped internally but can't get positioned to unzip? If so, how long should I wait to check on them? I have one Welsummer rocking a little this morning!!! Thanks...

Not sure I think that was what did in my on frizzle chick.. :( as it was shrink wrapped when I ectopsied it. I wish I would have just cracked that sucker open when I saw that it had internally pipped but no external pip for 24 hrs.. as it would have been a miracle had any of them hatched at all. Wonder if the incident of saddle air cells are more so in the winter? When I did my shipped duck eggs last spring there were some messed up air cells but not nearly as bad as the ones I had shipped out in the winter.

YEA.. come on chicks.. :) Today is day 19 for me.. I am crossing my fingers that I get called of on Saturday so I can hover over the bator watching them hatch.. :)

Cannot wait till Saturday..
pop.gif

And have to say whomever suggested the i-phone flashlight app.. that thing can even candle drk brwn eggs... :)

Cannot wait till Saturday..
pop.gif

And have to say whomever suggested the i-phone flashlight app.. that thing can even candle drk brwn eggs... :)

I totally use my sony xperia's flashlight. LOL Galaxy SIII's also have a strong enough light to work...>_>

Two of my seramas have pipped!!!! here's to hoping that I can watch them hatch tonight or at least tomorrow after 3:30pm...I specifically took Saturday off work so I could watch these guys hatch. (I have missed my past two hatches because of the insane amounts of overtime I have to work. x_X) All of the eggs are rocking!

Back
Top Bottom