Setting eggs 11-13 anyone else

Update candled this morning things are looking better 9 with clear signs of development 5 I think are on track. 3 I'm unsure about and 3 clear as a bell unfertile. I'm glad I waited before tossing some.

Well Alabama it sounds like you are off to a very good start there
big_smile.png

I candled my 3 that I put in on the 14th at 10pm and I cant see any development, they have been incubating for about 94 hrs now hoping I might have seen a little development
hmm.png

I didn't see much when I looked in my eggs. Maybe something that looked like a blood island started? IDK I'm going to check again tomorrow.

I just looked at the 8 I put in 3 days ago and I can see development in 4 of them, plus 1 I am unsure as it seems to have a thick shell.

The 3 I put in 5 days ago all seem to be clear but I will leave them for a few more days before removing.

Just put my pekin bantam eggs in, I only received 4 so keeping my fingers crossed
fl.gif

These are all shipped eggs and Its looking like a low hatch rate even at this stage

I candled at 3 days and wasn't impressed, they are brown eggs and I waited unitl day 7 to check the last batch and the development was much farther along so much easier for a first timer to tell. Will check Saturday evening.

Beginnig stats: 8 Frizzle cochin eggs shipped..2 broke intransit. They were nicely packed, but evidently didn't make the PO trip well and were a day late. 4 bonus BBS Silkie eggs.

So have 10 eggs in the bator.

Carolyn

I candeled the eggs again and I can see some signs of development in my little white bantam egg! YAY! The tan eggs and brown ones are proving more difficult, though I think I see some good veins in a few of the tan eggs.

Well today I added quite an interesting egg to the bator, I have a friend who shows horses and he was at an agricultural show, he went to the poultry section and asked if there were any eggs he could have to take back to me to hatch out.

The best bantam in show was a RIR bantam hen and it had laid an egg, the owners said it should be fertile and gave it to my friend for me to incubate, I wonder if we will get a future champion out of it??
clap.gif

Hope you get a beautiful Bantom RIR hen ICanSpeakChicken..

I candled today--day 7-- frizzle cochin 6 eggs-- 5 developing, 1 clear. BBS silkie--- test for the seller-- eggs 4 all clear.. I will give the clear eggs another 7 days so long as they don't start to smell just in case.

Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom