Setting Eggs 12/27 Anyone else?

Well I took the last three babies out and then candled the other eggs. Since it looks like three may still be in there (not hoping too much) I have left them in there for another day or so. 16 colorful silkies are out and running around in the brooder!
ep.gif
But I started with over 60 eggs so I need to remind myself when looking at those tempting egg auctions that they really are a crap shoot as out of my own eggs that I put in I had a much better hatch rate. 8/51 vs 8/12...

Kids and I have loved hatching so
fl.gif
for the next hatch. I havve 12 turkey eggs and 13 silkie eggs and so far all look good ( I candled and threw out the clear silkie eggs 4, but still don't know what I am looking for in the turkeys but I think 5 or 6 were clear).

How many little chickies did you guys hatch out? Love the pictures (still need to figure out how to do that)!!!

Well I took the last three babies out and then candled the other eggs. Since it looks like three may still be in there (not hoping too much) I have left them in there for another day or so. 16 colorful silkies are out and running around in the brooder!
ep.gif
But I started with over 60 eggs so I need to remind myself when looking at those tempting egg auctions that they really are a crap shoot as out of my own eggs that I put in I had a much better hatch rate. 8/51 vs 8/12...

Kids and I have loved hatching so
fl.gif
for the next hatch. I havve 12 turkey eggs and 13 silkie eggs and so far all look good ( I candled and threw out the clear silkie eggs 4, but still don't know what I am looking for in the turkeys but I think 5 or 6 were clear).
How many little chickies did you guys hatch out? Love the pictures (still need to figure out how to do that)!!!

I think I am starting to feel the same way about the auctions. I do have 12 bbs ameracauna eggs that appear to be developing good for day 5/6 however Igot my shippment of eggs in from Deb-Hot2Pot and out of 14 eggs only 3 were in 1 piece and not busted. there were 3 more that has fine cracks and YES i am going to take a chance on them and see if they can develop. I have to attempt to get something for the money I put into them. I just hate the way the postal service treats packages. Deb did a great job with the packaging all bubble wrapped then pieces of some sort of foam board and newspapers but the darn postal service really was hard on the box. the eggs weren't cracked they were all smashed. sometimes I really think they do it just because the box says fragile or handle with care seems like they rough them more. this is the worst I have ever seen. not tooo sure if I will ever buy any more eggs that will have to be shipped. not worth the chance of loss..I just love her stock of dark brahmas though... everyone keep fingers crossed for peeps from Deb!!

I think I am starting to feel the same way about the auctions. I do have 12 bbs ameracauna eggs that appear to be developing good for day 5/6 however Igot my shippment of eggs in from Deb-Hot2Pot and out of 14 eggs only 3 were in 1 piece and not busted. there were 3 more that has fine cracks and YES i am going to take a chance on them and see if they can develop. I have to attempt to get something for the money I put into them. I just hate the way the postal service treats packages. Deb did a great job with the packaging all bubble wrapped then pieces of some sort of foam board and newspapers but the darn postal service really was hard on the box. the eggs weren't cracked they were all smashed. sometimes I really think they do it just because the box says fragile or handle with care seems like they rough them more. this is the worst I have ever seen. not tooo sure if I will ever buy any more eggs that will have to be shipped. not worth the chance of loss..I just love her stock of dark brahmas though... everyone keep fingers crossed for peeps from Deb!!

Fingers crossed. I keep taunting myself with the auction page, the good news is with the change the page seems more daunting and so I am less tempted to buy.

Back
Top Bottom