Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

Hi All
i set my first Silkie eggs from my paint silkies and some EE eggs Went to turn tonite and theres a stinker have to smell each and get the bad one out.
This is my first hatch since last June ...C ouldnt wait!My Silkies are all paints but dont know their backgrounds so excited to see what i get.
..For those that its your very first hatch let me tell you its as addicting as heroin
Really hard to stop because its so exciting ..especially the last few days
Good luck to you all Hope you get some little fuzzy babies in the end but do or dont its a wild trip.
I totally agree, it's SO addictive but I have to hold myself back as I only have a small garden
sad.png

Hi All
i set my first Silkie eggs from my paint silkies and some EE eggs Went to turn tonite and theres a stinker have to smell each and get the bad one out.
This is my first hatch since last June ...C ouldnt wait!My Silkies are all paints but dont know their backgrounds so excited to see what i get.
..For those that its your very first hatch let me tell you its as addicting as heroin
Good luck to you all Hope you get some little fuzzy babies in the end but do or dont its a wild trip.

I just set 12 lavender orpingtons and 12 buff laced brahmas last night. I laughed so hard at your heroin comment! When my eggs arrived in the mail, I was so excited that my kids started referring to all things related to incubating as my "chicken crack"!

EThats the thing. tryin to hold youself back.Hard!!
I have probably over 40 chickens now ..it gets out of hand easilly .Gotta have this breed gotta have this color... then later... i need to sell some..not those i love them!. not those they are too pretty.!.not those i sell a lot of their eggs !.on and on..Bad
All starts with that little innocent incubator..and later" ill hatch just one more clutch. then im done... No really! then im DONE! . .. umhum. if that isnt an addict what is!?Yep! Chicken Crack!

Last edited:
I just helped my brother set +50 duck eggs today, may I join?

I just set mine about 3 hours ago, so I'm not exactly following the thread title either... Hope that's okay!

Hi All

Hi! May I join? I set eggs this morning. It's my first hatch too! I have 12 EE and 12 barn yard mix (Golden sex link rooster with golden sex link hen, barred rock hen and naked neck hen. Can't wait to see what these babies look like!). The kids and I are so excited! Here's to hoping I don't kill them!
fl.gif

The more the merrier! I can't wait to see pics of all the adorable fuzziness in a few weeks!
pop.gif

I have some eggs that are gonna hatch on tuesday!! Under a broody buff orpington and then another buff orp went broody last week so I ordered eggs and they will be here tomorrow hope to get them under her this weekend!!
woot.gif

I have some eggs that are gonna hatch on tuesday!! Under a broody buff orpington and then another buff orp went broody last week so I ordered eggs and they will be here tomorrow hope to get them under her this weekend!!
woot.gif

What breeds? How far away are your eggs coming from. I have some being shipped from Texas and Pennsylvania and then some from just a couple of hours that I am driving to pick up. I am very interested to see the hatch rate differences (if any) from the 3 batches.

What breeds? How far away are your eggs coming from. I have some being shipped from Texas and Pennsylvania and then some from just a couple of hours that I am driving to pick up. I am very interested to see the hatch rate differences (if any) from the 3 batches
The ones that are already under the broody are from palm beach Florida(I live in ga). So thats not too far. I got 6 and I candled at day 14 and one was infertile and one has the air sack on the side instead of the end so I tossed the infertile and kept the other one maybe it will still hatch!!!
fl.gif
This is a barnyard mix. Its my first time with a broody!! The eggs that are supposed to come tomorrow are coming from California!! So they are all the way across the country!! I got them on an auction here on BYC. from rambob59 it was a mystery box and said to have a mix of any of the following Bantam Light Brahma, Bantam Black Cochin, Bantam Silver Phoenix, Black D'Anver, Golden Phoenix, and Barnyard Mix. I hope to get some Phoenix's but with my luck it will all be barnyard mix. lol.
pop.gif
Guess I will just have to wait and see.

I *might* do this, if I can convince my dad to let me hatch eggs for my neighbor.
Me: The eggs will be his, and I'll just incubate and hatch them for him. Puh-leaseeeeeeeee

The ones that are already under the broody are from palm beach Florida(I live in ga). So thats not too far. I got 6 and I candled at day 14 and one was infertile and one has the air sack on the side instead of the end so I tossed the infertile and kept the other one maybe it will still hatch!!!
fl.gif
This is a barnyard mix. Its my first time with a broody!! The eggs that are supposed to come tomorrow are coming from California!! So they are all the way across the country!! I got them on an auction here on BYC. from rambob59 it was a mystery box and said to have a mix of any of the following Bantam Light Brahma, Bantam Black Cochin, Bantam Silver Phoenix, Black D'Anver, Golden Phoenix, and Barnyard Mix. I hope to get some Phoenix's but with my luck it will all be barnyard mix. lol.
pop.gif
Guess I will just have to wait and see.
My EE are from CA too! And I live in GA! I had several rolling air cells, some air cells in tact and some odd shapped air cells. I'm very interested to see how they all do. I've been begging my hens to go broody but so far no luck. How awesome that you have 2! Good luck on your hatches!

Back
Top Bottom