Setting eggs 6-18 anyone with me

One of my newly hatched chicks (this morning) has a leg dragging and the toes curled on that foot. How did you make your splint?
I was trying to find a picture of it, but i couldn't find it. Here's a description: Get out the Band-Aids. Cut the sticky ends off the Telfa pad. Put one sticky pad down,sticky side up and place the foot with toes extended on it. Put the other sticky pad down, sticky side down on top of this to make a "Foot Sandwich". Keep this on for at least 24 hours. Usually this is enough time for the feet to adhere to their new position but if need be, do it for another day. The pads are enough. No need for cardboard or pieces of margarine lids. Good Luck.

I also did this after i took the foot splint off:
http://www.poultryhelp.com/spraddle.html

Now I've got all the splints off and he's back with his friend! Yay!!

They are finally here, 21 beautiful Silkie chicks. I set 32 eggs so not a bad hatch rate for shipped eggs. They are so cute I can hardly stand it!

Your babies are beautiful, congrats!
love.gif

Got the brace taken off GimGim. Legs are a little wider then the other chicks, but he's able to get around.

Pretty sure this one is a rooster. He's awfully proud of himself.

Here they are together at last! He's in mid run. He runs everywhere. It's so funny.

I was trying to find a picture of it, but i couldn't find it. Here's a description: Get out the Band-Aids. Cut the sticky ends off the Telfa pad. Put one sticky pad down,sticky side up and place the foot with toes extended on it. Put the other sticky pad down, sticky side down on top of this to make a "Foot Sandwich". Keep this on for at least 24 hours. Usually this is enough time for the feet to adhere to their new position but if need be, do it for another day. The pads are enough. No need for cardboard or pieces of margarine lids. Good Luck.

I also did this after i took the foot splint off:
http://www.poultryhelp.com/spraddle.html

Now I've got all the splints off and he's back with his friend! Yay!!

Thanks so much! I am going to do that for my little chick tonight. I keep stretching out his toes (my version of physical therapy for chicks) but this sounds more permanent.

Got the brace taken off GimGim. Legs are a little wider then the other chicks, but he's able to get around.

Pretty sure this one is a rooster. He's awfully proud of himself.

Here they are together at last! He's in mid run. He runs everywhere. It's so funny.

How cute are they.... Love the posture of your little ?roo

I set 18 eggs on June 17 at 9:30 pm. I had 12 left at lockdown. Only 4 have hatched (3 days ago). How much longer should I let the eggs sit in the incubator before I toss them?

As I posted in the other thread my babies-6 fbcm all have passed because of a temp spike, my 7 year olds one silkie was the last to pass and I have one fbcm who is struggling so hard not to pass...:( I don't know what to do for him
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom