Setting eggs anyone with me!! UPDATED WITH PICS Hatched 1/19-1/21

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pamperedpoultry, Dec 27, 2011.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Well I've got the hatching fever, pulled out the lil incubator and have some silver laced, and millie bantam cochin eggs coming along with some silver laced bantam wyandottes.. Setting at least a dozen of my own serama as well.. Hope to get both sets in the mail today... YAY fluffy butts again!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  2. critterrun

critterrun Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    NJ
    I am hoping to set on Jna 1

3. pamperedpoultry

I've got one batch for sure coming in today, and hopefully the other will too, if so I'll be setting tomorrow [​IMG]

4. pamperedpoultry

well my lock down date is this monday the 16th hatch day the 19th, set close to 30 some eggs shipped and candled the other night i have a lil over 2 dozen left going good =)

5. CBarrett

CBarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    Set 29 eggs a week and a half ago, had to throw out 3 after candling today, the rest look good so far! Hatch day Sunday the 22nd... Fingers crossed for a better hatch this time then last. [​IMG]

6. pamperedpoultry

Good luck sending good hatching vibes your way =) [​IMG]

7. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

...a little fairy hatching dust being sent your way.... [​IMG]

8. humpbacks1962

humpbacks1962 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    I just got some orpie eggs in the mail today. I will start hatching with you, I guess.
    I should be able to put them in the incubator tomorrow night.

By the way, one arrived with a crack, nothing leaking but I taped it with first aid tape...

9. pamperedpoultry

Well today is day 17, not sure how great this hatch will be. Incubator was hard to regulate and kept some low temps at times. Also candled yesterday and have a few with the air cell on the lil end of the shell. Guess we'll see n the next few days

10. pamperedpoultry

[​IMG]Well woke up the sounds of fluffy butts, well butt... One wyandotte has hatched, i set the sliver laced cochins a day behind was late getting those. Everyone wish me luck, now i have to go to work and wonder all day how many i got.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by