Setting eggs anyone with me!! UPDATED WITH PICS Hatched 1/19-1/21

well as of now i still have the one wyandotte.. lil worried thats all im goin to get =/ I have a millie fluer bantam cochin and a silver laced bantam cochin pipping now .. Fingers crossed for a full incubator of fluffy butt in the morn =)

Well today is day 17, not sure how great this hatch will be. Incubator was hard to regulate and kept some low temps at times. Also candled yesterday and have a few with the air cell on the lil end of the shell. Guess we'll see n the next few days

Hi there, im on day 17 too:D this is my first hatch.. Im going to candle tonight and see whats happening then put them in lockdown in the morning. Ive got 9 eggs, mixed marans and one white egg which is apparantly a surprise for my birthday lol..

Well did the worst "sin" in incubating.. today is day 23 started hatching 24 hours ago and 2 was all that hatched. Mind ya these are all new breeds, except the silver lanced bantam cochins I have 2 hens I hatched last year and no roo.. so was hoping for a roo from them.. This morn, I had the l wyandotte and a calico millie fleur bantam cochin.. So the inpatient person I am, and also knowing I didn't turn them quit like i was posed to and with our area it is impossible to keep the humidity up.. feeling all the trays in the incubator only brings it to about 25, on lock down I have to put a wet paper towel, wash cloth or sponge and lucky to get it to 45... And the majority of the air cells were detached and some were on the complete opposite end.. Well I took them out candled and the ones that looked to be alive I took a needle and made a hole.. a good dozen had quit adsorbing the yolk and just gave out or shrink wrapped themselves in the shell.. I was able to find about 8 that were alive and pulled back the inside membrane enough for them to breathe, their back in the incubator with damp towels over them.. So lets hope.....( I have an Lg still air incubator and no turner) so yeah theres my biggest problem... Have a 6 drawere inc.. in the garage but to keep the temps regulated out there this time the year... yeah right!

Well total hatch ended up being 8 Total.. calico bantam cochin, 2 silver laced bantam wyandottes (
fl.gif
for a hen and a roo lol) and 5 silver laced bantam cochins.. more pics can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.312315002145247.70301.311704365539644&type=3

Back
Top Bottom