Setting Eggs In 2 Incubators Should I Try Different Humidities In Each

mylilchickadees

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 17, 2010
Lincolnton NC
This will be my 2nd duck egg hatch in our incubator. I have 2 Genesis 1588 incubators and I am getting some Ancona duck eggs tomorrow and will be setting them in the incubator Thursday.

The last batch of eggs were shipped, arrived late and out of the 12, only 3 hatched. We kept the humidity at 60% until lockdown, then to about 80%. I know the eggs being shipped and late had a big part in so many not hatching, but it was disappointing, especially after the week before we had 21 out of 30 chicks hatch and that was our first time ever using an incubator.

I thought about about putting half the eggs in each incubator and trying two different humidity levels. I have heard of the dry hatch method. Not sure if I should try that. Any help would be so wonderful!
We are very excited about these guys, we have been trying to find Anconas for awhile locally and my husband is driving 3hrs to pick them up for me tomorrow, so we are ready!! I hope!

Let me know what you think I should do, try two different levels to see if I get better hatch rates of one or the other or keep them the same. Again, we are new to this and already it's addicting!! I just want to find the best way to do it so we can have a better hatch rate!

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Back
Top Bottom