Setting eggs July 6th. Need some hatching buddies. Lets have some fun!

Last evening I went into lockdown, I turned them after candeling them and today the are pipping and one is really rocking. What happens if I messed up by turning and its trying to get out from the bottom? Anyone???? Can that happen???

Hi, we had a MGB hatch out 9 chicks, a mix hatch 11 chicks, a frizzle cochin is hatching them now some have hatched (12 eggs), an EE on 7 eggs, another MGB under the house.
thats a lot of chicks.

and happy hatching
jumpy.gif
everyone
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Good luck

Last edited:
I go into lockdown on the 20th but it seems like they are a little behind of schedule. I think my temperatures might have been kinda low on this still air incubator. I can keep it steady on the forced air one but this one I can't so I have a fan coming. How is everyone else doing?

Tonight is lockdown for the 17 silkies I have left out of 24, The orpingtons so far have been a huge upset. Out of the 15 blue/black and splash, I have 4...
I lost a few Buff's too. They will be ready to lockdown this weeknd. I will post some pictures as soon as I can!

Day 12 for my shipped Jersey Giants and day 14 for the local Ameraucanas. I had 2 of the 7 B/B/S Jersey Giants get going, so I'm hoping to get at least one chick - of course, with my luck it will be a black roo! The 6 lav/lav split Ameraucanas look good from what I can see, but the shells are much thicker and harder to candle. My Silkie is still sitting and I need to go buy chick starter...

Woke up this morning to one chick that wasn't even pipped when I went to bed. :ya Watched the second one come out of its shell. :jumpy I have one half way out, don't know if it is stuck looks like part of it is stuck between two pieces od Stella and I don't dare open the bator. Nor do I know if its resting or gave up??? Would you go in if it was you?

Woke up this morning to one chick that wasn't even pipped when I went to bed.
ya.gif
Watched the second one come out of its shell.
jumpy.gif
I have one half way out, don't know if it is stuck looks like part of it is stuck between two pieces od Stella and I don't dare open the bator. Nor do I know if its resting or gave up??? Would you go in if it was you?

How long has it been this way? I'm no expert by any means, but I think I would wait and see if it moves at all. Congrats on the other baby!!

How long has it been this way?  I'm no expert by any means, but I think I would wait and see if it moves at all.  Congrats on the other baby!! 

It's moving but not making much progress, hole is bigger, hut just a tad and it was the first one to Pip..Still only have 2. I had one rolling so much yesterday no Pip and nothing today. Think its still alive?? This is nerve wracking ....

Back
Top Bottom