Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

I went into lockdown a day early, because I had to go and stay in town tonight... will this matter? (I upped the humidity to 60% from 45, added some fresh water and took out the turned tray) thanks.

Chick 1 freshly hatched

chick 2 just hatched

All dried off and looking cute.

markings

I promise they're completely dry. They're just a little crusty.
That second picture is darling!! Soooo cute! Yaaaay
love.gif

I went into lockdown a day early, because I had to go and stay in town tonight... will this matter? (I upped the humidity to 60% from 45, added some fresh water and took out the turned tray) thanks.
I think the bottom line is .... are the chicks ready for it? Are the air cells big enough? Are the eggs full of chick and ready? If so, you're probably OK, I for one may be keeping my kiddos in for another few hours, maybe another 12 hours just to increase air cells and increase chick sizes before locking down. May have to guess a bit.

My incubator looks like a hot mess....just to keep the humidity up. Tough to keep constant. I am hoping the that one egg in the Little Giant Hatches soon, that one has kept me guessing.

Adoravachick, are you the BYC member who questioned leaving the chicks in with the other eggs or taking them out? I was wondering what you decided. My first thought was that I would probably take them out if I was concerned about the other eggs, but now I realize doing so might mess up the other hatches due to humidity drops..right?

Go into lockdown today. Found a few more clear eggs and ones that don't look 'finished' guessing they quit in the middle. I'll be taking about 30 to lockdown. Sunday is hatch night. They were set at night so.. Sunday I'm sure will be sleepless for me.

Last edited:
I've got to work 3-10 Saturday so I'll be gone from 2-11, hoping they hatch out before 2 Saturday, lol..... I'm working today 12-9 but I'm not expecting any action before that and have tomorrow off, yippee!!!

Back
Top Bottom