Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

My incubator just PEEPed at me . But I looked in there with a flash light and cant see a darn thing. Tried tapping nothing tried whistleing nothing.
barnie.gif

I dont like waiting . Poof was so fun this morning becuase I woke up and bam theres poof wasnt expecting it hadnt started my nail biteing second guessing paceing stressing yet

I checked my chicks before bed and found blood in the bator. Then watched one of the chicks drive it's beak into the fan twice, ouch!!! When it did it a third time, that I saw. I had no choice but to pull it, it has some damage to it's beak so tomorrow will tell if it can eat and drink. Then I figured it shouldn't be alone so pulled the other 2 as well, put them in with the new SF who immediately started pecking it's beak so 6 SFs in 1/2 the box and 3 LBs in the other half.. Hoping I didn't mess up my pips when I pulled the chicks, grrr......

If one did it the others might to . The chicks shoudnt have acess to the fan or the heat source or any open water. If you leave a chick in with other chicks if they have a owie the other chicks usually end up killing it . I hope everything goes ok.

I think I am ready for lockdown. Yay! My new bulb is working well and the eggs are all remaining around 100ish degrees. I've figured out how to keep the humidity around 65. I am a little concerned about the bulb hanging down in the incubator. I hope the chicks will not try to reach up to it.

Locked up my chickens for the night a bit ago. The hen I thought was going Broody again is still sitting in the nest box. Guess I'll move her tomorrow where she can brood w/out being bothered by the rest of the flock.

Congrats on all the hatching chicks! Hope mine does as well.

If one did it the others might to . The chicks shoudnt have acess to the fan or the heat source or any open water. If you leave a chick in with other chicks if they have a owie the other chicks usually end up killing it . I hope everything goes ok.

Luckily the 3 of them are still very tired. So they are all sleeping well. I washed it the best I could and it has stopped bleeding now, so fingers crossed tomorrow will go well. I also have a red light which I read decreases their ability to see the blood. I've hatched several batched and never had a chick do that he drove his break right up and into the fan, strange.......

I think you had bad eggs. Something could have happened during shipping. I wouldn't blame the person who sent the eggs. This makes me really consider how much I would want to invest in shipped eggs...
I was leary to purchase shipped eggs myself, but I bit the bullet and did it. It was certainly considered a "investment" because I couldn't find a showbird for my daughter. This is my first hatch, but I can recommend trying to find someone near you to purchase shipped eggs from they don't have to travel too far. I purchased mine from someone in Massachusetts and she recommended that because then I can choose which birds to keep and which ones to cull myself, because most breeders only sell their culls because of a DQ.

Back
Top Bottom