Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Nope. But Stephanie is going to be so kind to send me some of her barnyardmixed fertilized eggs for free!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Well I have my first 2 problems (out of 37 hatched so far).

One baby sits on his butt with his legs spread out in front of him and his head thrown back cheaping (when he isn't sleeping)

The other has something hanging out. Any ideas what I should do. He is just as lively as the others.

Should I try to take it off or let it come off on its own? I put it in a tupperware bowl in the brooder because others were pecking at it. His butt looks bloody where its attached.

OH MY GOODNESS! I just candled the Silky eggs. One had a floating bubble in it & I know that's wrong. So I went to open it - - - The egg EXPLODED!! And
hit.gif
STINK. OH MY! All 3 Silky eggs were bad bad bad. And they were Showgirls. Well, after Bitty raises the chick I slipped under her last night (egg) I'll try her eggs in the incubator. Glad I removed the eggs from her before they exploded and especially before they exploded in the incubator. I'd have hated to clean that up.

Well we just had the two today. They are fluffy but still in the bator. i am afraid to open it with the two pips in there. They pipped early today and nothing since one hoe grew a bit early on but no more. The other pipped the tiniest pip and nothing since. It worries me. And yet i don;t want to shrinkwrap them out of worry. Come morning I will have to remove my two one day olds though. Sigh so far 2 out of 13...

Well we just had the two today. They are fluffy but still in the bator. i am afraid to open it with the two pips in there. They pipped early today and nothing since one hoe grew a bit early on but no more. The other pipped the tiniest pip and nothing since. It worries me. And yet i don;t want to shrinkwrap them out of worry. Come morning I will have to remove my two one day olds though. Sigh so far 2 out of 13...
thats alright chicks dont pip much for a few days

Back
Top Bottom