Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Just got my next try set???? 5 Bard Rock, 8 Australorp, 21 Ameracana. Not going to give up. Maybe this one will work out better!!!!
LOL I got my first hatch out of incubator, cleaned got it up to temp and right away next set 20 BLRWyandottes from my nephew who got his from Pauls Poultry,,,,,,,,,,,maybe we can keep in touch for this hatch?

Still just the two. One that pipped yesterday is still cheeping so I have hope. I may help it a bit more soon since it's been a day soon. My other pip, I haven't heard a thing and no progress. I get sad for the eggs! They are actually 21 days today. Hoping out the the 13 still in the bator.. I want anniversary chicks lol. Today is my wedding anniversary and here I am watching chicks hatch!! What could be grander?

WOW my last post was supposed to post around 8am. It appears the chick I was worried about has hatched after all. Not 100% sure it was the same one but seems to be.
We now have 5 babies and one fighting to get out. 3 Australorps (one more on the way) Austracana, NHR Aussie mix. things are going fairly well with this batch. almost halfway there. I had my son take pictures but they haven't showed in my email. :( Maybe next post

7 chicks from the incubator + one under my Silky. I knew I had one zipping when I left this morning, but found 3 in the incubator when I got home! The black one, center left pipped this morning. The light yellow w/dark streak on it's back, bottom center and the little silver one are the ones hatched this morning while I was gone. Haven't had a chance to check under the Silky since I got back home. Have 4 eggs left. One has a "?" on it and doesn't feel heavy enough.

Last edited:
I'm really impressed by the size difference between yesterdays hatchlings and the little silver chick, which is the last so far to hatch today. Also, all of them have fuzz down their legs except the orange chick.

Nice looking group BJ!! I have 6 out now and 9 left. And we are leaving soon to celebrate our Anniversary. And here I was so enjoying the hatchling's. My daughter "talks" them out of the shell after they get to zipping!! It's TOO FUNNY!! BTW she is 19!!

Nice looking group BJ!! I have 6 out now and 9 left. And we are leaving soon to celebrate our Anniversary. And here I was so enjoying the hatchling's. My daughter "talks" them out of the shell after they get to zipping!! It's TOO FUNNY!! BTW she is 19!!
I thought you were going to say she's 2 or 3, 19 is too funny!!

LOL I got my first hatch out of incubator, cleaned got it up to temp and right away next set 20 BLRWyandottes from my nephew who got his from Pauls Poultry,,,,,,,,,,,maybe we can keep in touch for this hatch?
There are 2 threads I am on for this hatch!!!
Sitting Eggs 6/27/12!Hatch-a-long?Chart Included
and
Set Eggs June 23. Anyone with me?

Come on over!!!!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom