Setting eggs June 3rd. Need hatching buddies! Lets have some fun!

Wow...they sure are big for 4 weeks. Cochins are Sooo buffy cute!!!
Ur so lucky to have cornfields for them to wonder about in. I have a small backyard....they still love it tho....
smile.png

Wow...they sure are big for 4 weeks. Cochins are Sooo buffy cute!!!
Ur so lucky to have cornfields for them to wonder about in. I have a small backyard....they still love it tho....
smile.png
We have 2 acres, so plenty of space for the chickens to roam around on. For awhile we were letting them roam on 3 of the neighbors yards, which was OK w/the neighbors at the time. But then one of the neighbors put in a VERY nice flower bed around 2 sides of their home. My chickens just LOVED scratching in all that soft potting soil & mulch. But the neighbor didn't, so now they have to stay on just 2 acres instead of 6. We usually have a fairly large garden, which is where the corn patch was. Unfortunately it burned up in this summers drought. The chicks are doing great. Somehow between the 13 chicks I bought (3 are turkeys) and the chicks I hatched (incubator & 8 broody hens), I've ended up with 54 chicks!!! I've 13 roos I'm parting with but hope to be able to keep all then females. Just depends on how high the cost of feed gets. My oldest female chick (Cochin/Australorp mix) has even started laying eggs.

ep.gif
Wow....u sure have ur hands full!!! And you know what that means.....u can never leave the house!!! LOL
I'll be moving house in 6 months, interstate......I may have to leave the chickens. I love my roo so much & am not looking forward to giving him away... :(
I wonder if I could persuade my new hubby (of 4 days!!) to bring the chooks with us????
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom