Hatch-Along - Setting eggs on 2/8/13 Anyone want to join me?

Thanks...my girls have been laying eggs for months, pretty consistent in size and shape, so I guess it's ok then... the 11 healthy chicks think so too lol
Glad to hear your chicks are healthy... of the 21 I had, three never hatched lost two chick and 16 are healthy as can be. The other 77 are doing quite well also.. :)

Awesome... They are incredibly cute.. congrats.

So cute, I have sold all of mine, I'm now waiting on more fuzzy's to go into lockdown tomorrow. I have 15 EE eggs and 12 Turken eggs set to hatch on the 21st, 6 Golden Narragansett and Red Bronze Turkeys set to hatch on 3/28

I have a dozen mini bantam frizzle polish, 10 maran, 12 Lemon Favaloro eggs coming on Thurs/Fri and on 4-25 I've got 10 started RIR show quality chicks coming. Can't wait, those will be mine to keep to start programs of my own. happy dance
bun.gif

eta: I forgot my Lavender Orphingtons coming in 3 weeks and my lavender sebbie geese in April.

I ordered three more bators today to accommodate everything. I've got to incubate 20 goose eggs too. It's just the beginning of the season tehe

Last edited:
So cute, I have sold all of mine, I'm now waiting on more fuzzy's to go into lockdown tomorrow. I have 15 EE eggs and 12 Turken eggs set to hatch on the 21st, 6 Golden Narragansett and Red Bronze Turkeys set to hatch on 3/28

I have a dozen mini bantam frizzle polish, 10 maran, 12 Lemon Favaloro eggs coming on Thurs/Fri and on 4-25 I've got 10 started RIR show quality chicks coming. Can't wait, those will be mine to keep to start programs of my own. happy dance
bun.gif

eta: I forgot my Lavender Orphingtons coming in 3 weeks and my lavender sebbie geese in April.

I ordered three more bators today to accommodate everything. I've got to incubate 20 goose eggs too. It's just the beginning of the season tehe
Wow, you really have your hands full.. I love it....

I'll most likely load mine back up in about two weeks.. I have almost a hundred in the brooder right now so when I move them to the brood/coop in the main barn I'll set the others.

Fowl madness I tell you. LOL

Good luck on the upcoming hatch.
clap.gif

Wow, you really have your hands full.. I love it....

I'll most likely load mine back up in about two weeks.. I have almost a hundred in the brooder right now so when I move them to the brood/coop in the main barn I'll set the others.

Fowl madness I tell you. LOL

Good luck on the upcoming hatch.
clap.gif

A hundred in the brooder! Those are your meaties, is that right? It's a blast isn't it? I think everyone needs chickens in their life.

I've never done CX, I have a turken program I have started for meat. I think next year, after I get my plucker, I'm going to compare my Turkens to the CX, I know the CX will have more meat and less grain to weight ratio but I want to see what is more economical for me, raising my own v/s paying for the CX from a hatchery. I'd also like to see how they compare taste wise. I've not butchered any of the Turken's I focused on the breeding stock first. They are very heavy compared to any of my other birds I need to get a live weight on them.

I had one Turken hatch early this morning, that booger isn't suppose to hatch until tomorrow. The other eggs haven't even pipped yet. I put 5 in a week after my other eggs just for the heck of it. I am going to order two dozen silkie eggs for delivery the week of the 18th too. My 17 year old son is going to start a silkie program. It has me very excited because up until now he has not shown interest in having his own birds. I think it is because I told him he could make money doing it ha ha.

In the next two weeks I"m going to have 72 chicken eggs incubating, and hopefully 20 goose eggs, I'm also going to check fertility on my Silkie duck eggs and more Turkey eggs. Then if all goes well the lavender orphs will be coming in the mail in about 3 weeks. Spring is my favorite time of year, I thought it was fall but nothing compare to this!

A hundred in the brooder! Those are your meaties, is that right? It's a blast isn't it? I think everyone needs chickens in their life.

I've never done CX, I have a turken program I have started for meat. I think next year, after I get my plucker, I'm going to compare my Turkens to the CX, I know the CX will have more meat and less grain to weight ratio but I want to see what is more economical for me, raising my own v/s paying for the CX from a hatchery. I'd also like to see how they compare taste wise. I've not butchered any of the Turken's I focused on the breeding stock first. They are very heavy compared to any of my other birds I need to get a live weight on them.

I had one Turken hatch early this morning, that booger isn't suppose to hatch until tomorrow. The other eggs haven't even pipped yet. I put 5 in a week after my other eggs just for the heck of it. I am going to order two dozen silkie eggs for delivery the week of the 18th too. My 17 year old son is going to start a silkie program. It has me very excited because up until now he has not shown interest in having his own birds. I think it is because I told him he could make money doing it ha ha.

In the next two weeks I"m going to have 72 chicken eggs incubating, and hopefully 20 goose eggs, I'm also going to check fertility on my Silkie duck eggs and more Turkey eggs. Then if all goes well the lavender orphs will be coming in the mail in about 3 weeks. Spring is my favorite time of year, I thought it was fall but nothing compare to this!
Yep. 75 are broilers, not CX though. I have Red Rangers and some Barred Rocks for my dual purpose meeties. The others are what I incubated and the hens will go back into the layer flock with the roos being extra meeties.

i've hurd the Turken are really good meat birds, so I'm curious to how those work out for you. Can't wait to here.

And yes, it is so enjoyable raising the birds. Sometimes I get a bit carried away with to many but then again, with family and friends there never seems to be to many chickens. :)

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming hatch, gonna be a quite a few birds... And I absolutely love the lavender orphingtons.. gorgeous birds.

Now to jugle all the fowl along with planting season coming up... I have to get my seed started here in the next couple weeks and get the gardens ready for spring planting.. It's a pretty good size garden at 30x130 feet, that along with all the fruit trees and black berries we have. it keeps us in fresh fruit and veggies for quite awhile.

Well, good luck and looking forward to you hatch report.

Back
Top Bottom