Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

yeah me too SM I sure hope you come home to some lovely chickies today, Its been a couple hours since I was last out in the nests will go back out in a few and get that banty out....SOOOOO GLAD to see I got about an 80% hatch from ordered eggs! (GG BOBS)

WISH ALL LUCK Will post more pics later on

It is probably best that I am not home, cause I would be wanting to get into the bator and THAT IS BAD
somad.gif

So, I will sit here and pretend to work
caf.gif
and drive myself and my coworkers nuts!!!!!
ep.gif

I keep thinking....what if something goes wrong and they can't hatch! My humidity was at roughly 65% this morning, which I know that is pretty good.

I just keep thinking...what if??????
idunno.gif

4:00pm seems soooooooooooo farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
hit.gif

Yea for all the pips and chicks. So overnight I had my only silkie hatch and 1 Cuckoo Maran X hatch
jumpy.gif
. Yippee!! I was so hoping my silkie would hatch and it did
woot.gif
. I have 2 other pips in a Easter Egger and the other cuckoo Maran egg, now wish the rest for start pipping. I still have 31 eggs to go!

Last edited:
We used liquid Sevin on Ginger's hotspots (the lice had laid a ton of eggs between her wattles) and dusted her a couple times yesterday really well. This morning we checked her and she looked good so we gave her babies back and she immediatly pulled them all under her wings.
smile.png
She was really unsettled last night, she didn't want to go in the coop at bedtime, she was searching outside for her brood. This morning she was just pacing in the coop, looking very worried.

Youngest sebright:

4605959635_3e8407582d.jpg

4606570872_700cbc5018.jpg

4605962501_5b9709c804.jpg

Older sebright:

4605966681_1e0c4da92f.jpg

4605967543_350cac4718.jpg

HI everyone,
Checked humidity at 4:00 am..was 61 ...got it back up.
Nothing happening....no chirps or pips...........
Congratulations for new chickies......................
My siitting hen still not eating.....day5......I am taking her grapes this morning.
She is so beautiful sitting all fluffy on her nest..........
I have got ot get the camera thing figured out.
I am so grateful you are all there.................makes it easier to have someone to talk to .

My last hatch was my first.........................I believed I followed directions to a tee,but
got 3 out of 24.......I think low temp for an LG still air may have been part of it.........
Hatched 1 day 23, 1 day 24 1 day 25.
Ran the temp higher this time.........have had consistant humidity until yesterday. Went up or down
by a few points...
Sorry to be so wordy.thinking out loud....................and really hoping I have not screwed up.
Toni

Hey justton, we are glad you are here too!
ya.gif
My last hatch 4 wks ago was my first incubator hatch and I only got 7 out of 16.

This hatch so far, I have 5 pips out of 8 eggs (as of this morning)
ya.gif

It does help to get on here and get support
thumbsup.gif
what day are you on for this hatch?????????

Keep us posted!
wee.gif

Well still no progress from my two pips, though I see movement. This whole process is so stressful, now I am worried that none of the other's will hatch that's 30 eggs,
ep.gif
Yikes. I just hope my first chick will be ok, today will be its second day in the incubator.

Do you think I should wait till this evening and then steam up the bathroom and remove the chicks that have hatched?

Back
Top Bottom