Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

Yea, my eggs were shipped and started with 23, had 10 hatch, and I am prolly gonna "call it quits" on the remaining 5 in the bator after a quick peek...feels like a never ending hatch right now..just reluctant to call it
barnie.gif

I am glad I had more than I needed because of the effect shipping can have on hatching...after reading all the horror stories I felt I'd be happy if just one hatched!!

well add 5 more bantys to my tally. now have the final number of bobs at 18 out of 24 and still have many more bantys that should be hatching in the next few days to a week. Total number of bantys hatched is currently 10. Ended up with one beautiful silver colored baby all the rest are black and gray thought it was weird guess he got the recessive genes! AWESOME! I hope.... anywho all are happy and healthy hope to find more tomorrow. Took momma out of the nest tonight and put her in the brooder coop. She has 8 out of 10 biddies under her and shes in absolute heaven! YAY!

Hi, Same delema as earlier......
I really want to take the chicks out...just not much room in there....but they seem fine and are cuddled in the corners now that it is dark.
Have about or so starting to zip.....a few pips.hard to see right now.........
Quite honestly, I do not have solid numbers right now but have 95 or 100% on my BCM's and that was
most important to me.
I just am to afraid of killing the zippers if I open that incubator.
I will check in once more tomorrow with my final count.
You all have made this so much easier for me.
Wonder if I will get this nuts next time.....:
wink.png

Later

HELLO EVERYONE! CONGRATS ON ALL THE HATCHING AND ALL THE BABIES
woot.gif

As I said Friday, I was not able to log on to the site from home!!!
he.gif
So here is MY update!

Left work at 4 on Friday, raced home as fast as I could
wee.gif

My son and I walked in and there in the incubator were 4 precious babies! n
woot.gif
and 1 more that had pipped!!!!!

So I was busy the rest the evening which means I left the incubator alone!
lau.gif
Woke up Sat. morning and another little precious baby!
celebrate.gif
So 5 babes altogether!! I WAS SO HAPPY!
celebrate.gif
5 out of 8 eggs, not to bad!

So, I told my DH that it seems I have a better hatch rate when I am not home and leave the incubator alone!
lau.gif

GREAT HATCH EVERONE! AND THANKS FOR JOINING ME ON MY JOURNEY!!!!!!!!

I have a broody sitting on 7 that is due next week!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Lockdown has begun! I have -
of 12 EE - 10
of 12 assorted silkies - 0
hit.gif

of 4 welsummers - 3
of 3 speckled sussex - 1
of 3 red silkies - 1
of 3 true blue americaunas - 2

All but the EEs were shipped.

Our 7th and final chick hatched last night!

This chick had been pipping for two days without any progress other than a very small crack by his beak. We have been very worried and really didn't want to lose this chick because it is another from our favorite hen which we lost last week. We decided to help the little guy out last night which also worried us but it was a risk we were willing to take. Once he got out we set him under a sitting sebright. We checked this morning and he was looking happy and healthy! This chick looks like it is from the same daddy as the other, so a white OE game and a Mille hen.

Well, I am gonna call it quits here...the remaining dud eggs I will check out then toss.
hmm.png

Overall, with mother nature, the USPS, and me being a "first time hatcher" I think I did alright.
thumbsup.gif

I know this...

Nothing beats the feeling of hatching your own eggs..no more feed store chicks here.

Now to my next mission....Russian Orloffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

I think I ran my heat to low beause I still have a few zipping....day 24...
4 hatched out during the night.
They are so sweet............got more blues than I expected but do not have a final count.
They look black till totally dried..
Don't know if they will make it.
Have 14 in the brooder.
Happy, grateful women here...........
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom