Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

Congrats to you Scubadeaux and justtoni!!!
ya.gif

Scubadeaux how many did you end up hatching?????

p.s. I have found that if I am away from the incubator, they hatch better!
lau.gif

And congratulations to you too smchickfarm...this was a great experience!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Ended up with 10 babies out of 23 eggs. Some blood rings,some infertile. 5 duds to be investigated!

This is a bit crazy...I am planning my next hatch...my poor hubby!!!
th.gif

BCMs & Russian Orloffs (hopefully
fl.gif
!) next!

Thanks you bunch of "enablers!!

clap.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif

bun.gif

Hey Scubadeaux, I like to think of it as encouraging others!!!
lau.gif

I know I am trying to plan my next hatch but we are going out of town for Memorial weekend, so will do it after that.

KEEP ME POSTED on your broody and I will do the same.
wee.gif

We have a clutch due this week... we are thinking Wednesday through Sunday since they came so early this first time! And another clutch due next week
smile.png
Guess we're around for the long haul as well
tongue.png

Last edited:
Whew...................
I am exsausted.
Have 17 now.and have given a lot of thought to why the hatch is so spread out.................
I have an LG still air and had read that the temp is not consistant from right under the heater
to the out sides.................now thinking that the outside eggs are hatching later because of lower heat in their area..nothing else makes sense to me.
I had read that one person moves her eggs around during the first 17 days.but think I will just add a fan..........
I broke my own rule and helped one this afternoon.thought it was dead..was zipping Saturday night and never finished..................today I saw movement and heard it peep..couldn't handle that.
Got the shell off easily after holding it in a warm ,wet towel for awhile. It's fuzz had actually started to dry.
Looks great.no blood, not attatched. It is in the inc getting dry.Little bugger sure wanted ot live.

Really learned a lot this time.
Not plannng for anymore for awhile.......2 broody's sitting...thas enough.
Thanks again for your support.

Congrats to you missred and justtoni !!!!!!!!
ya.gif
That is awesome!

Yeah bantamfarmer we are around for the long haul!
celebrate.gif
you, me scubadeaux and justtoni all have broodies sitting

wee.gif

Hey justtoni, when are your 2 broody's due????????????????????

NEVER ENOUGH BABIES!!!!!!!
love.gif

Went in this morning to dump the unhatched eggs.and sure enough.one little one decided to hatch sometime during the night. Today is day 25.
Broodies are due may 30th and the second about a week later.............She was sneaky so do not have an
exact date.....these are not puebreds with the exception ofgetting 6 CBM's under one of them.

Hope we all keep in contact.I really enjoyed the friendship.
Toni

hey Toni, A surprise chick!!!!
wee.gif

Yeah, my broody is due next week but forget which day (it is on my calendar at home)

ABSOLUTELY WE WILL KEEP THIS GOING! LOVE ALL THE SUPPORT AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom