Setting Eggs on April 24th!!!! Who wants to hatch along w/me???

HI everyone,
lockdown today so will see if I have any results after having a temp spile of 112 for a few hours.
Would really like to hatch some SLW'S.have 2 hens and a rooster but they have been running with my laying flock I have four different roo's in there. grrrrrrrrrr
Later...........

devastated
hit.gif
& confused...
idunno.gif
hit.gif
idunno.gif

just lost half of my first hatch, Silkies. And I cannot figure out what they died from???

They have been in an outside coop with the 6 others from my brooder, all get along. No sign of any injury, one dying every 2 hours since I woke up. They all look lethargic, and just sit down and close their eyes and die!!!
hit.gif

And this hatch had silkies from 2 different places. None of the other birds with them are sick...what the heck????

I am floored, and hoping I do not loose any more....
hu.gif

hit.gif

OMG Scubadeaux. I am so sorry
Please, if you have not already......write into the post for chicks or illness and diseases.
Keep us posted....
I don't have a clue.

Dear Scuba,
I read your posts under the other thread. I am heartsick for you.. And I can't quit thinking about how you must be feeling.
Please let me know if you are ready for the Blue Maran eggs...I would like to send some to you.
Might help take your mind off your loss.
Toni

hey guys, rough couple of days, one chick survived..one darn chick...the last one died yesterday...
hit.gif

I think I know what killed them, something really simple, but overlooked...they had some cracked corn get into their "transition" pen, not enough grit yet, so it simply killed them...it either got "scratched" in there or some may have been spilled...WOW, this truly blows...

But the one that is left is doing ok, traumatized but ok. I put it with my hatch from last week, and it appreciates the company.

I was loving my mixed Silkies so much, I contacted the person I bought them from and as soon as they get to laying again I am going to have more shipped. I loved having a batch of standard breeder Silkies and a batch of great mixes.

I learned a big lesson the hard way...everything redone, not gonna happen again! Good news, Showgirls go into lock-down next week, and I set some Russian Orloffs.

justtoni44, I do want to do the blues, I am hoping to do blue and black copper marans together, as soon as one bator is free. Next week I am going to be pulling together a boatload of Silkie eggs (to ease the pain
wink.png

so I will message you and see how the ladies are doing LOL

Thanks guys, gonna check on the peeps

Oh, we did get a new family member, and thanks to her I did not wallow in my tears too much...a breeder giveaway.
Maisey A mini Schnauzer,10 weeks old, she has only 3 feet! One was bitten by another dog and was amputated
hmm.png
soooo precious!!
love.gif

55327_maisy.jpg

Set my temp a tad hgher this time...................got pips last night and chicks today...day21
and several pips......... no the one or two like the last batch.
So far have two cuckoo marans and a Blue copper Maran................
Thought for sure I had fried them with my temp. surge to 112........but it was for a very short time.
Hope to hear how everyone is doing.

Later

Scubadeaux, I am so very sorry for your loss. I am sending a ton of
hugs.gif
your way. I am glad you were able to figure out what happen. I know that doesn't bring them back but at lease you know the reason. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I can not log on from my home computer for some crazy reason....drives me nuts
he.gif

Glad you have eggs in the bator and your new puppy is absolutely beautiful!
love.gif

as stated in earlier posts, I am going to set some after 4th of July weekend!!! I CAVED TO THE PRESSURE!
lau.gif

Justtoni, CONGRATS ON THE BABIES!!!
ya.gif
So excited for you! You will have to post some pics!

I kept 5 welsummer babies from my last hatch.. Lost 1 have 4 left. (I think 2 roos and 2 pullets) They are growing and doing great.

My broody faverolle hen that hatched babies is doing great. She has 3 babies and they look great. Won't be show quality, but most certainly pet quality!!!!
wee.gif

My son had his 4H interviews this past weekend for his pigs and his chickens. I told him to remember that w/ the faverolle's there are 2 things about them: #1, they have 5 toes and #2, you can sexed them as early as 2 wks by their wing color. I told him, if the judge knows anything about chickens and that breed he will ask. WELL.....................he did ask and Nick told him and the judge said: "that is exactly what I wanted to hear!" So my son did great and he actually thanked me!!!!!
lol.png

So much fun to hear from everyone...............

The eggs from my Blues hatch, Blue &Black copper and splash.............
Really hoping for a splash this time, had one last hatch and it did not make it.

Oh the days of 4H...was always so tiring .and worth every minute of it.

Went through it wiith both children and grand children.
Cows and sheep. Nice memories.
three out..two zipped about 9 piped.

Later

10 out, 1 zip, can't tell on the pips.....flashlight went out and cannot see in there well.............
going to be a long day.....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom