Setting eggs on Sunday July 24th anyone?

LilyD

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Bristol, VT
My Coop
My Coop
Okay I am going to set one more batch of eggs before the end of the season. I will have 43 eggs going in all Delawares from three separate breeders anyone want to join in?

Going to try to set the eggs by the moon. I find it interesting so I figured I would see if it works.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thank you it appears I am going to need it. I set the eggs shortly after midnight tonight and within about 30 minutes I started to notice an odor. Apparently one of the eggs must have been cracked because it was oozing yellow and white goo out of its shell and smelled absolutely horrible. Glad I noticed it before it totally leaked throughout my incubator and ruined all of my eggs. Now here's hoping the rest do okay.

Eggs are doing well and the temps are steady everything is looking good so far.

Last edited:
Trying to do a dry hatch this time. I am not going to add water until lock down. My humidity has been between 30 and 45 so not too bad. I also am not going to candle at all until day 15 that will be my one and only candle and then I will pull out the clears and the rest will go into lock down.

Now the question is can I sit on my hands until the 8th of August without touching the incubator?

Boy is it going to be hard.

Had to candle tonight there was a bomb in my incubator. out of 42 eggs only 20 remain. Today is day 8 and there were 20 that were clears and two that were going to explode. They candled green and black inside. Ick definitely not baby or if it was the baby is long gone boy did they smell.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom