Setting Eggs on the 30th in Springfield, IL

Hmmm, after googling and searching on BYC I'm still feeling confused about what I'm seeing. It seems that a blood ring is a sharpie-width line around the egg. What I'm seeing is a wide (maybe half an inch) and kind of hazy strip going around the egg. I've found some people referencing the same thing while trying to figure out if it was a blood ring or not, but I can't seem to find any answers. Maybe I'll take a picture of it tonight after it gets dark and post it here to see if anybody has seen it before and knows if the egg is still viable or not. Or if anybody recognizes it from the description and knows what I should do, that would be even better!

I have my fingers crossed that the power doesn't go out today. We're getting 40mph sustained winds. I'm at work and couldn't do anything about it if the power does go out... so I'm just holding my breath until I get to go home and see how things are going there.

well it is tuesday, I am about 55 hours away from removing my egg turner. Is there any other tricks I should be doing? Those rings have me worried, but I saw lots of stuff in my eggs. The temp has been steady and I keep checking the water. I think I need to remove some air vents soon. Anything else?

I've been trying to figure out the air vent situation. Did your incubator instructions tell you when to have them opened or closed? I can't find anything in my manual and I'm having trouble finding info on BYC about it. So far my vents have been wide open and my temp and humidity have been steady. Do I leave them open unless I can't get my humidity up? Then close them a bit to help raise it?

Have you candled all of your eggs or are you just going to leave them all in and see who hatches? And when you go into lockdown are you just going to leave your eggs on their sides? I can't wait to hear how your hatch goes. It will only get me more excited for mine!

Well it is going close.....I think I ready that the vents need to be more open as the final day gets closer? I have two red plugs and I am to remove one I think?

I will be candling on Wednesday or thursday and removing only the clear losses, anything hopeful will stay I guess?

I can't wait to see your chicks... I hope you have your camera ready! I stop turning on Sunday night. I'll be holding by breath from there on out. How many eggs did you end up with in lockdown?

I had a late one last night....but before I went to bed, I did candle every one of my 35/36 eggs. Only one was a light enough and clear enough for me to know for sure was a goner.

I left it in....but will sneak it out today. Most looked like they were in very good shape. Temp is around 100 and humidity is good....so I am hoping!

Very nervous and sure I have killed all.....just because it is my first time and I am worried about everything!

How do you candle the thick, dark eggs? My green and dark browns seem so thick!

Back
Top Bottom