Setting eggs on Wednesday June 29

Quote:
That all sounds really good to me. Glad thing are getting better and hatching. I wish you the best of luck. I've heard all kind of weird stories from breeders this year. lol
Maybe next year will be better for all of us.

Ok, I have 12 alive and well and 7 still in the incubator. I went to lock down with 24 so I am at 50% on shipped eggs. I am happy with that. If any of the 7 left make it I will be even happier.

Here's a quick cell phone pic.

94701_chicks.jpg

I think I am going to lose the little black cochin mix. What was a foot just a little off before has become completely curled under him. He won't eat and just cries now I feel so bad there must be something else wrong with him other than just the foot since he's not thriving.

No alls quiet so I think we're done. I moved the black chick to a box by himself because the others were pecking at him. He can't bend one leg at all it seems like he had a problem that started at the feet and just got worse because now he's not really walking and I haven't seen him eating or drinking all day.
sad.png

The incubator is cleaned out and ready for the next set of eggs. They will go in on Sunday.

Unfortunately we lost the little black chick. He just progressively got worse throughout the day. Lost control of his legs and couldn't walk, then he wouldn't eat and finally he just went to sleep and didn't wake up. Poor little chicky wish I knew what was wrong with him
sad.png

Here is my final brood 14 total from 26 eggs 54% hatch rate

PIC_0826.jpg

PIC_0829.jpg

The light yellow ones are brahmas and the other 6 are cochin mixes

Last edited:
Thank you. I was worried when I saw his feet folded under now I know it was justified. The others are all hale and hearty with no problems that I can see. They eat fine and are pooping and drinking now to see what they look like all grown up.

Back
Top Bottom