Setting eggs on Wednesday June 29

Two are visibly wobbling!!! I'm not even in lockdown till tonight! SO thriilled!!! I have a vid I'll put onto youtube and a chick watch streamed live from tonight. I'll post the link later if you'd like a peak. My little babies lol. I'm such a proud mum
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Yes definitely I want to see!

Mine have been quiet so far but I haven't taken them out of the turner. Going to put them into lock down tonight before bed so it will be day 18 1/2 for the first two batches and day 17 1/2 for the last batch. Hoping the last batch forgives me for going into lock down half a day early. I can't believe you're already rocking any pips yet?

The Sebrights were set a day before the Friesians so are on day 19 and the Friesians on day 18.

Here's the link to the vid of the egg wobbling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiSNZG-7_Fc

And
this will be the live stream: http://timeout.camstreams.com/
I'll
get it all going from tonight (maybe 2300 GMT). I would have linked it up now, but I forgot my pc 180 miles away lol. My OH has 'popped off' to get it
hide.gif

I've put them into lockdown now. Humdity is now 75%. I weighed the eggs last night... they seem to be a lot lighter than just the 13% they're supposed to lose. Do you weigh yours?

I'm going to spend the rest of the day sat next to the incubator, telling the eggs how beautiful they are
love.gif

Quote:
The video was so cool has your baby done anything else since it started rocking? I have never weighed my eggs but I do candle usually at 5 10 and 15 days to make sure they are growing well and are moving. What do you have to do to weigh them?

I am sitting around on pins and needles right now because I can't put mine into lock down until about 10pm tonight trying to go halfway through the two days since two sets of eggs are day 18 today and one set is day 17 today. We will see how they do. I am just hoping they hatch okay. The last three days of incubation are enough to give you an ulcer lol.

We are officially heading into lock down in a few more hours I am getting my water and sponges ready for it. I already cut up the bottoms of my egg cartons so I can keep them standing up. Hopefully in a few more days we will have a new crew of babies running around in here
big_smile.png

All the eggs are doing is wobble every minute or so. Just checked on them now. It's 2am here, still no change.

Have you checked the live stream out? I got it all up and running as soon as the cam arrived, so I knew it'd work. Of course Murphy showed up, didn't he? Impossible to get it to work tonight. It ended up being a port forwarding problem, which was lovely as i've don't have a clue. I think Lady Luck popped round too, because I managed to sort it, so we're live to the world!

I weighed the eggs when they arrived, just put them one at a time on kitchen scales. I wad told they need to lose between 11 and 13% of their weight by locksown for the aircell to be properly developed. I was silly and diddn't number the eggs, so I don't know who weighed what, but they're all lighter than the lightest should be. I worry they didn't have enough humidity and the membrane might be too thick.

Good luck with kickdown. I'm finding it less stressful and more exciting than incubating so far! We get to see the results of our hard work and sleepless nights. I've got my fingers crossed for you. I'm hoping all oureggs make it....

yippiechickie.gif
Wow! I can't believe you are already at a wobble!

I went into lockdown about 2:30pm today. It was about 18 days and 6 hours. I candled last night and saw movement. This is only my second set and my first hatch didn't go very well. I had live chicks the night of lockdown but only hatched 4 of 27.

I am afraid my humidity was too high during incubation. Right now it is only 35% to allow for shrinkage because I just now got all the good info. I am ready to add moisture at the first sign of pipping.
fl.gif
I only have 6 eggs.

Good luck!

I didn't know about weighing them until I read a thread today. I will try it next time.

Last edited:
Quote:
Can be over 24 hours. Mine are in lock down as of 10 pm tonight but no wobbles. Hoping not to lose power because we are in the midst of a thunder storm. My temp is good and humidity is 65-70 so I am going to get set for the long haul lol. Not much sleep tonight my puppy ate a toad when he went out so he's not feeling very well. I think I see lots of trips out in the rain in my future.

Back
Top Bottom