Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

Nikkipar

Songster
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
Woodland Park, Colorado
So I am always optimistic, which is a good thing concerning hatching eggs. My first two attempts ended in NO eggs successfully hatching, one due to an incubator malfunction on the last day. My last attempt ended poorly because I had read infomation incorrectly and had the humidity up to high, and by the end figured it out and did the best I could helping the few that hatched out of their eggs. All of the Silkies ended up not making it, even though two actually hatched. My Buff Brahmas did ok, but only ended up with 8 of 24 successfully hatching (out of 28).
SOOOOOOO Here we go, and here is to hoping this one turns out. My eggs should ship Monday (arrive Wed, or Thursday) and I plan to set them on Friday morning. If anyone wants to join me, please do......

:D:D:D:D:D

I should be setting 6 modern game bantam eggs tomorrow (hopefully they arrive tomorrow... they were sent out to me on Saturday), My first time hatching, and I am pretty excited!!

Would love to join just got my first sets in I mean my very first sets 11 Plymouth Rocks and 13 Black Australorps so any advice you may have would be appreciated.Thanks Tamra

I am awaiting the arrival to give exact numbers, but I will be hatching Buff Laced Brahmas, Gold Laced Brahmas, and a variety of Silkies. My last hatch had 2 Silkies born, but both have since died. The first one to die was REALLY shrink wrapped, and splay legged. I did what I could, but she only lasted 3 days. The second one was fine until yesterday, then it had trouble walking around and just died. I don't know why?

I just put the eggs (8 of them!) in my incubator *keeps everything crossed for a good hatch for me and for everyone else! These little eggs are so cute and so perfect...hoping for some pretty MGB babies out of them :D

I just received 11 BLRW eggs in the mail this morning and plan to start them tomorrow after they have rested for the recommended 24 hours. I have found this really helps me get a higher percentage to hatch. They also got an egg bath with Oxine to kill any bacteria that may be on them. My BYC friend in Michigan is going to send me some bantam buff Brahma and possibly some bantam self blue Cochin eggs by next Monday
celebrate.gif
One of my BLRW hens has gone broody so I plan to put some of my own BLRW eggs under her at the same time I start the shipped eggs tomorrow. I am hoping she will also accept the incubator chicks when they hatch
fl.gif

Oh, I think I'll join! I'm planning to set eggs tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon.
I'm also using a Brinsea mini advance. I'll be hatching these in a classroom for a friend of mine. I just completed a hatch in a neighboring class (BLRW, 7/7 hatched!
ya.gif
).

Not sure what I'm going to set. A local breeder said she'd give me some eggs in exchange for this gorgeous lavender ameraucana rooster I hatched, and she has such amazing stock that I'm paralyzed by indecision.

I'm leaning towards: 3 coronation sussex, 2 olive eggers and then 2 mille fleur cochins or two ameraucana eggs from these hens that kind of look like owls. Or maybe 2 BCMs. Or her show quality barred rock.
barnie.gif

The only thing I'm sure on is that I want coronation sussex in there.

I finally got my eggs set this afternoon- been so busy that I haven't had time to actually go pick up eggs. I set: 3 coronation sussex, 1 silver sussex, an olive egg, an ameraucana egg, and a darker brown egg that's either a cuckoo sussex or a welsummer mix.

Back
Top Bottom