Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

ps my lone survivor call duck egg is wobbling a little in the 'bator. Mama hen still has six eggs under her, so hopefully she does a better job at incubating than my (usually trusty) Hovabator. Will post pics in a little. Meanwhile, here's little Bug. :) My very first Olive Egger. She doesn't stay still so I had to hold her down. ;P I love her to bits and I can't wait for these duckies to hatch so she can have some company.

Well, I had to cull one of my two babies...her little feet were so horribly curled, and her legs so bad that I could not see any quality of life for her at all. Her sister Diva has been lonely and despondent, so I went and bought a friend for her. Here is my odd couple... Diva the Modern Game Bantam and La Fawnduh the Black Australorp :D

Well, I had to cull one of my two babies...her little feet were so horribly curled, and her legs so bad that I could not see any quality of life for her at all. Her sister Diva has been lonely and despondent, so I went and bought a friend for her. Here is my odd couple... Diva the Modern Game Bantam and La Fawnduh the Black Australorp :D

Oh noooo so sorry for the double post!!! :O well, they are super cute, so two pics of them is ok, right? LOL

Last edited:
Do broody hens ever peck at the eggs? I just checked on mama and she happened to e adjusting the eggs, it looked like one of them had a peck hole in it, that was dented in - not a pip. That's the only egg I had a good view of so I don't know if any of the others are like that. It's not a through hole, just a dent.

Anyone know what happened? What should I do? They're due to hatch today or tomorrow.

Do broody hens ever peck at the eggs? I just checked on mama and she happened to e adjusting the eggs, it looked like one of them had a peck hole in it, that was dented in - not a pip. That's the only egg I had a good view of so I don't know if any of the others are like that. It's not a through hole, just a dent.
Anyone know what happened? What should I do? They're due to hatch today or tomorrow.
Just leave it alone & hope for the best. It may have pipped & then got pushed in while mom was adjusting, or it could have been accidently stepped on. Either way there is really nothing to do at this point except wait & see if it hatches since you are so close to hatch anyway.

Back
Top Bottom