Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

I set 10 of my chickens eggs Tuesday night. This is Hatch #4 for me and none have been successful (four chicks hatched in two separate hatches, three died and one just died the other night at almost 3 weeks old).

My hubby encouraged me to try again. I was feeling pretty bummed!

Impatiently awaiting the arrival of my big bator & 1st 6 shipped eggs
barnie.gif

Our eggs arrived this morning! Yay! 10 BCM. I now have a small dilemma. I have the Brinsea mini advance so it fits 7 eggs. The breeder kindly added 3 extra eggs. May I double stack in the bator?

May I please join you all ? I set 48 assorted color silkie eggs in my Hovabator 1588 on Monday at 2 pm.

Sprinkles - my auto turner only hold 42 eggs so I kind of stacked that last 6 in there for now. (I'm not leaving ANY out) LOL !!! I figure I can hand turn them for 8-10 days until I candle, then I'm sure I will have room for them in the turner.

Good luck to everyone

I set 10 of my chickens eggs Tuesday night. This is Hatch #4 for me and none have been successful (four chicks hatched in two separate hatches, three died and one just died the other night at almost 3 weeks old).

My hubby encouraged me to try again. I was feeling pretty bummed!
hugs.gif
awwww...sorry. Glad you are trying again. Hope it turns out well this time. What kind of incubator are you using ?

I received my guinea eggs(8) yesterday. Putting them in the bator this afternoon when I get home from work. Getting excited!! I don't know if I can wait the extra week for guineas...3 weeks for chickens was plenty rough.

I received my guinea eggs(8) yesterday.  Putting them in the bator this afternoon when I get home from work.  Getting excited!!  I don't know if I can wait the extra week for guineas...3 weeks for chickens was plenty rough.

Oh this is going to be great thread! We are planning to get guineas this summer. Maybe we should do eggs instead of keets. Fun! I can't wait to see yours.

Back
Top Bottom