Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone
fl.gif

Oh no! I just read a thread on BYC that says shipped eggs that are resting before incubation need to be turned. My eggs sat in their carton for 30 hours without being turned. I set them this afternoon, each upright with pointy end down. I cut up the carton and set each one in the incubator in a carton "bowl". The Brinsea mini directions state to not open the incubator for the 1st 24 hours, so I have not turned them all day (day 1). I planned to begin hand turning tomorrow, although I do not know if they will all fit in the bator if I lay them on their sides. Supposedly I should be able to fit 10 eggs but I could not get the lid on earlier and that is why I propped them up in the carton pieces. I plan to remove any infertile eggs on day 7 or 10. Hopefully then I may place the turning tray in and let the bator do the work. Have I harmed chances for our hatch by no turning during the 30 hour rest and first 24 hours in incubator?

Don't worry, I always let mine rest for 24 hours without turning them. This time the air cells on my shipped BLRW eggs were SO bad that I let them rest for 48 hours and started them but didn't turn on the turner for another 3 days, and when I candled them tonight at 3 days along, all but maybe 3 of them look like they have some activity. I have read not to turn them while they are resting. If you go to Heaven Sent Ranch website she says she has really good luck not turning shipped eggs for the first 7 days of incubation with great results! I am not that brave, so my eggs got the extra long rest plus the first 3 days of not turning
big_smile.png

Good luck with yours! I will let you know how well this method worked for me
wink.png

Oh no! I just read a thread on BYC that says shipped eggs that are resting before incubation need to be turned. My eggs sat in their carton for 30 hours without being turned. I set them this afternoon, each upright with pointy end down. I cut up the carton and set each one in the incubator in a carton "bowl". The Brinsea mini directions state to not open the incubator for the 1st 24 hours, so I have not turned them all day (day 1). I planned to begin hand turning tomorrow, although I do not know if they will all fit in the bator if I lay them on their sides. Supposedly I should be able to fit 10 eggs but I could not get the lid on earlier and that is why I propped them up in the carton pieces. I plan to remove any infertile eggs on day 7 or 10. Hopefully then I may place the turning tray in and let the bator do the work. Have I harmed chances for our hatch by no turning during the 30 hour rest and first 24 hours in incubator?

Last edited:
Set 18 more eggs last night for a total of 25 in the bator. 18+ more due in today's mail, 6 due Mon & 18+ set to ship Monday to arrive Wed or Thur. My bators are fillin fast!!!!!

Hello gang!
frow.gif
I set my third batch ever the night of May 6th (Sunday) as I went to bed. My two first hatches were small (5 eggs and 7 eggs respectively) and this time I am trying 20 eggs. Still trying to work out the kinks with my incubator. Second attempt I got 2 to day 18, but for some reason they didn't make it to hatch. Here's to hoping for the best this round!
fl.gif

Good news is I candled today, since it is day 6, and found that I have about 90% fertility rate. Only a couple eggs seemed to be totally void of anything. Everything else seemed to have the veins so I assume they are progressing normally.

Back
Top Bottom