Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

I've got an update on my duck eggs!
So I have ten in the bator - six fertile, and five under my mama bird - all five fertile! And a sneaky chicken laid an egg in her clutch before we separated her, so she's got 5 duck eggs and one chicken egg (don't worry, I'll hatch the chicken egg when it comes time, she'll be earlier than the ducks). I'm super excited! I hope all you and your eggs are well!

Wow I love reading all the updates and glad we have some new joiners. This is going to be a fun thread. Everyone has such nice breeds they are hatching. I am so excited to see pics !!!!
wee.gif

I candled and only pulled a few to reduce the stacking. Most looked like something was happening. Yay!!! Super excited and I am hoping I have the humidity right this time ;). Someone told me that Silkie eggs are really hard to hatch? Is that true? My buff laced Brahmas are developing nicely ;)

It's been a week for my guineas. It's really hard to see what's going on....3 more weeks....At least I have my 9, 3 week old BOs keeping me busy... They seem to have an affinity for my arm hair.

Air sac question.... please please.... We think we may have at least two movers (and shakers!) in our wee batch of barnyard chickies and after the baking we (my darling sweet kind hubby) gave them last weekend that's a miracle.

Sooooo, the question: One of them has about a day 7 air sac and we're on day 13. Suggestions? Humidity is very very very low.... we're doing the dry hatch thing and not worrying about it on purpose and so far so good, except for the air sac. Hmmmmm. Have both vents out, good circulation in the room, and temp is very steady and appropriate. Bator is a dinosaur.... hovabator 1586 I think.... and we're new.

There I've said it all. Now off to a short evening, and will check back when I get home. Will post this on another thread with great advice!!

Thanks everyone.... woo hoo..... movers!
celebrate.gif

I just set 43 MORE eggs today. PLUS, I had my 1st hen go broody today too, so 4 of those eggs are under her!!!! I let her keep her own from today & gave her 3 Banty eggs that came in my BYM shipment yesterday. What is so funny is that ALL 4 of the roos in that pen have been sitting in the coop with her most of the day "guarding" her...LOL She is a tiny little Banty mix (she looks like a BCM, but lays white eggs). And my main roo also looks like a FBCM but is a Banty. I think maybe I got OEG Banty/FBCM mixes. Very pretty birds. May make them my project.

Here is what I put in today:
12 Lavender Orps
4 Mixed Orps
2 Black East Indie Ducks
2 Coronation Sussex
16 BYM (3 went under my Broody)
1 OEG Banty mix (mine-under the Broody)
3 Rosies (BYCer project bird)
3 BYM (came with the Rosies)
43 Total

Here is what was already in:
12 Lemon Cuckoo Orps