Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

Down to only 85?
wink.png
. Bahahahahahahahaha! Love it!
Yup...ONLY 85...with 52 chickens & 6 ducks already in the pens & picking up 6 more ducks Tuesday...LOL

Good thing my aunt used to do chickens & has 3-4 breeder/grow-out pens I can have. Now to find a flatbed to haul those suckers on...lol

My humidity is sitting at 34% at the moment. I just make sure it doesn't get any lower than 20 or any higher than around say 45%? In that range and I am happy.

I am about to candle and see if I can see anything. Day 10 for me and I had the light globe in my home made incubator blow yesterday while I was out... (it is my heat source) I wonder if I will see movement? If I don't I'll be paranoid they are all dead! Fingers crossed!

Hmmmm out of my 4 little eggs, I'd say eggs #2 & #3 have quit on me. Egg #4 looks like a dinosaur trying to escape and Egg #1 is clearly alive too.

I'm sorry
hugs.gif
I know how you feel. Out of the 12 original shipped eggs, 1 arrived broken, 1 badly cracked and 6 never grew (down to the 4) Don't give up on shipped eggs though. The age of the eggs, the age of the parent birds, the health of the parent birds and how they are packaged and treated during shipping all play a role in the viability of the eggs. I have had 1% to 100% hatches with shipped eggs. The eggs that traveled the furthest (Georgia to California) and accidentally got put on the mail truck and arrived at my front door (I pick them up at the post office normally) gave me a 100% hatch! The parent birds were obviously super healthy, and the eggs packed well.
Just candled my eggs and it does not look good at all. So disappointed! Its a wait n see now until hatch day.

Grrrrrr...i dropped 1 of my Lavender Orp eggs while turning this afternoon. It had a small dent & a crack. Sealed it with candle wax & returned it to the bator. We'll see what happens. If I end up having to pitch it I'll be down to 84 between bator & broody hen
rant.gif

I am full up with eggs, and have an auto turner, so I can't see the trough on mine :( I am running around 35-50 percent depending on when I check it. I will fill both troughs when I am in lockdown though :)

A couple day 11 pictures.... :) Movement in a bunch I looked at, I'll wait until close to lockdown to discard if I do. One had its air sac on the side as opposed to the top or bottom. It did have a moving embryo, and I wonder if it will have trouble or not.

Both of my good eggs are doing wonderfully! Candled tonight (day 13) and saw FEET!! Very cool stuff...little guys are kicking and moving like crazy. Can't wait for them to hatch now!

I candled a few more eggs tonight while turning too. Saw lots of wigglers!!! It seems most of MY girls' eggs aren't developing. I had a bloodring in 1 that had quit only a couple days in & 3-4 more that look clear. That only leaves like 2-3 of MY eggs. I think Samuel needs to learn to do his job a bit better
he.gif
Sarah is currently sitting on 4 in the coop, 1 of her own & 4 shipped BYM Banty eggs. After 1 leaking that I tried to seal with wax & 1 with a definite bloodring I'm down to 85 eggs between bator & broody. 1 of those is sealed with wax after I dropped it during turning this afternoon. So after subtracting the 3-4 clears (left them in for now just 2 make sure I'm not missing anything) it takes me down to about 80 eggs, give or take.

Back
Top Bottom