Setting eggs the week of May 7th (Here's to wishing the best this time)!!!!!!!!!

Yup...ONLY 85...with 52 chickens & 6 ducks already in the pens & picking up 6 more ducks Tuesday...LOL

Good thing my aunt used to do chickens & has 3-4 breeder/grow-out pens I can have. Now to find a flatbed to haul those suckers on...lol
I love it.... DOWN to 85 Nice. if I only had the room... sigh.

Hi all, I am keeping my humidity at around 40% until lockdown then will obviously up it. This is what I did for the Easter hatch and those little buggers practically popped out of the eggs after zipping. Not too damp and definitely not dry. I spoke to Roslyn Pickens by email (for those who aren't familiar she is luckypickens in the buy/sell/trade hatching eggs section on BYC). She has hatched thousands of bantams and told me her bantam eggs do the best with humidity around 40 % for the first 18 days. It worked for me the 1st round so have to stick with it for now. Candled 6 of the 41 yesterday and all are very energetic. May or may not candle again at day 18 when I remove the turner. Good luck everyone !!!! Thurday is lockdown for me. Fingers crossed for everyone !!!

Wow, it is getting close to lockdown for me too. Saturday is the day
celebrate.gif
I hate waiting the 3 days until hatch, but waiting between pip and zip is agonizing!
barnie.gif
I am SO hoping these 3 BLRW shipped eggs hatch and I get a decent rooster for adding new bloodlines to my existing flock
fl.gif

Good luck everyone with your hatches!
jumpy.gif

Wow, it is getting close to lockdown for me too. Saturday is the day
celebrate.gif
I hate waiting the 3 days until hatch, but waiting between pip and zip is agonizing!
barnie.gif
I am SO hoping these 3 BLRW shipped eggs hatch and I get a decent rooster for adding new bloodlines to my existing flock
fl.gif

Good luck everyone with your hatches!
jumpy.gif

I sure wish you lived closer. I actually sold a very pretty BLRW rooster on Saturday to someone who ate him later that night. I would've much preferred he go to a place where he would've lived. :( I also have seven more BLRW chicks in my living room, and some of them are bound to be roosters that I'll need to rehome.

You aren't coming to Utah anytime soon, are you?

Friday is lockdown for me! The days fly by, that's for sure! I only have two little MGB eggs which look great, so I am crossing my fingers for pullets out of both. Good luck to everyone! The Peep Invasion is not far off!

Out of eight guinea eggs, 5 looked wonderful, 2 seemed to have developed their air sacs on the side, and 1 looks like it started by gave up a while ago. The eggs are smaller than my BOs I hatched previously, so I think the 2 fell over. I put them completely vertical now, so maybe it'll move? I still wish guineas were faster...

So one of my eggs has a CRAZY air cell. It goes from the top down the side! Is this going to be an issue when hatching? It seems like a lot of my eggs' air cells are relatively loose/wiggly but still in tact, I've never noticed eggs like that when I hatched before, will it be a problem for the little guys?

It is SO sad that the roosters end up being eaten
hit.gif
I try to find homes for my extras but end up having to take them to the feed store and they end up getting eaten. I bought these eggs for a certain line that I wanted to add to my flock. I bought eggs from Bill Braden 2 years ago but only one chick hatched. It turned out to be the most beautiful splash pullet but never was a good layer and I didn't get chicks from her. I saw that someone on Ebay was selling eggs and some of her hens were from eggs she hatched from Bill Braden the same time I bought eggs. I am hoping that the 3 eggs that are growing are from one of those Bill Braden hens. If not they will be Foley lines which I have, but will most likely still give me new blood to work with.

Sorry I don't have plans to come to Utah. Hope you can find some pet homes for your roosters
fl.gif

I sure wish you lived closer. I actually sold a very pretty BLRW rooster on Saturday to someone who ate him later that night. I would've much preferred he go to a place where he would've lived. :( I also have seven more BLRW chicks in my living room, and some of them are bound to be roosters that I'll need to rehome.

You aren't coming to Utah anytime soon, are you?

I have had some air cells look like that with shipped eggs and the chicks still hatched just fine
smile.png
Good luck with yours!
So one of my eggs has a CRAZY air cell. It goes from the top down the side! Is this going to be an issue when hatching? It seems like a lot of my eggs' air cells are relatively loose/wiggly but still in tact, I've never noticed eggs like that when I hatched before, will it be a problem for the little guys?

Back
Top Bottom