Setting eggs this weekend! Aug 14th! any hatching buddies?

Ahh im having a horible day. this morning I was riding with my older sister, and a lady backed up at a red light right in to the front of her car. Then my freind was suppose to get me 2 dozen eggs for my bator, But the people wouldn't answer their phone, tried all day.
sad.png
Then my younger sister decides we will go to a farm down the road a few miles to see if they have any eggs for sale. Well a freak rain storm flooded the road, and killed the car. AAA hauled it home. I was soaked and freezing. Home now and dry, but I am so frustraited. Going to go set my 5 eggs from my flock of mixes. I so want to cry, I wanted more eggs than 5 my bator holds 60 large eggs.

Sorry I had to vent. I set the 5 eggs at 8:30

Last edited:
all right eggs are set. The temp dropped while I put the eggs in, but it going back up. Is that ok? Im such a worry wort! Never did the bator hatch before
hmm.png
But Im excited as are my children who are already fighting over who gets to pick first
roll.png

I also noticed 2 of my eggs have dings in them, but if figured might as well put them in and see what happens! Ill candle them in a few days and see whats going on. Did I mention im excited?
lol.png

When you're really ready for a boost, you can add soaked sponges to the bator. For the first 18 days, though, many recommend not increasing unless it drops below 30. I would suggest setting them and seeing how it levels out. Mine went up some on its own, but I am letting it drift down to 30 over the course of the hatch. Good luck!

No problem! I'm glad that it's working well for you! I checked on mine several times yesterday and today. My temp is a lile low (99.3), but my concern with my first hatch is that I had a temp spike that I missed. I'd rather them take a little longer than only get a couple. Please pray for this hatch!!!

I am still having trouble forgiving my dog. I am the worst "hen" ever...not only could I not hatch worth anything, I could not even keep my first babies safe. I still have a pit in my stomach...

Back
Top Bottom