Setting eggs today 5-3-12...anyone with me?

That's a tough one. I am only on my second try.

Everyone says not to help. That if he doesn't make it, there was a reason. It happened on my last hatch which was my first try also. I watched him get weaker and weaker. Unfortunately, he didn't make it.

But keep in mind, the others may not have external pipped but they may have internally. And I was told that could hurt them too.

Can you still hear him or see any movement?

Well I have total 5 eggs of which 1 is already out as mentioned previously...The second one who has just pipped is moving and i cn see his feet and beak trying to move....I can see he is trying his best but is not able to make any progress.....The humidity has been arnd 70sh and so I think humidity is not the issue....you should have seen the first one pop out....he was super fast....like zip to out of there in 30 mins....hes really feisty:).....but i really want this one to hatch too, kinda feel a connection with him as it was my first pip....the other ones have not showed any pip signs even but today is day 21 so lets see

Sooo....I chipped a lil shell and membrane from the top and the baby chick is now moving his head around like the first one did and is also moving his feet....however he still cant come out of his lower part of the shell....seems like hes stuckk....i am just going to let it be and wait it out....what do you guys think???

Locked down tonight! I was so nervous, but all went well and quickly. Just had to candle each one last time. Found one clear. All the rest are very dark. Got too much water in the bottom and the humidity went sky high. Had to suck water out of the bottom with a straw to keep from disturbing the eggs again. I'm going to hold 100 temp and 70-75% humidity. (Put the cat outside.) :) Hatch days= Wed-Fri. I can't stand it!! Way too anxious.

Sooo....I chipped a lil shell and membrane from the top and the baby chick is now moving his head around like the first one did and is also moving his feet....however he still cant come out of his lower part of the shell....seems like hes stuckk....i am just going to let it be and wait it out....what do you guys think???
Were them membranes yellow at the edges and stuck to him? If so, you may need to remove all of those parts. If not, just give him time.

I have three chicks now and have three with pips who are just sitting there. This hatch has been torture to watch. I really had hopes of an almost 100% hatch as I was sure of movement and development on all but one and their air sacks seemed perfect, etc. Just goes to show you really can't count your chicks until they hatch.
sad.png

OH Queen, I feel your pain. It sounds like several people are having issues. I have 33 eggs in one of those little HovaBators and I'm sure it is going to be a mess. But I'm hoping for a Happy-Mess! Take pictures and share!!

I am so glad to wake up and read about more hatching! I am super excited to see what all will hatch and what they will look like from my set. When we candled last they all looked right on and air sacs looked good for the group of 17. These are going to be all barnyard mixes from my neighbors flock. She is going out of town for the holiday weekend, so I will keep them in my brooder until she returns, then I will have to give them up to her. It has kind of been like being a surrogate. I have fretted over them and what not for the past three weeks, get to watch and enjoy them for a few days, then across the road they go back to her house. I have since found some eggs on ebay and am waiting for a reply back on some here to fill it again for my own flock replenish. :) Super excited for that!

Can't wait for all the pictures to start rolling in this week of every ones hatches. :)

Back
Top Bottom