Setting eggs today!! Newbie!

Quote:
I would not give up, I have read of many things going wrong and still having a good hatch. My first hatch I had a temp spike of 110 and still got 11 out of 13 so dont give up just keep going. I have read that they can go to a low temp once and still be good.

Agreed... don't despair. Low temp does less damage than a high temp spike, and see how that turned out! I'm new to incubating but have read on here about this very thing and it isn't a bator-breaker! Just keep going and in 6-7 days we can candle and just see what is going on.

Thanks for the hope - keeping my fingers crossed when I candle them in a few days!

Candled last night, day 8.
ep.gif

Out of 8 Ameraucana eggs I have 4 with veins and 4 just nothing
sad.png
... can't tell with the Marans.
idunno.gif

Has anyone else candled?!?
roll.png

Last edited:
Oh, exciting! Did you take pics? I'd love to see what the veins look like. I'm candling tomorrow

I'll try... but I only have a small flashlight to candle with and I don't have enough hands... DH is working 14 hour days so I'll have to see if he isn't too tired to help.
Good luch with your candling!

I had a broody start sitting on 6 eggs on May 27, so I should be hatching right around the same time as you guys assuming all goes well. I candled last night, see veins and a little black dot in all!

Well I guess she started sitting sooner than I thought... was expecting Friday to be hatch day but was just out at the coop and two have pipped!! How is everyone else doing with their hatches?

Back
Top Bottom